Articles on this Page
- 07/01/15--13:55: _Penn Valley to Adop...
- 07/03/15--06:42: _Nevada County Grand...
- 07/03/15--06:50: _County Sheriff to A...
- 07/03/15--07:49: _Area Man Stakes Gol...
- 07/07/15--06:55: _KNCO Swap Shopper A...
- 07/09/15--07:17: _ISIS Training Groun...
- 07/09/15--07:40: _Area Man Regrets Se...
- 07/09/15--08:20: _Area Woman Wins Onl...
- 07/09/15--09:25: _NID To Turn Water O...
- 07/16/15--04:51: _Sheriff Fights Atto...
- 07/16/15--20:55: _California Associat...
- 07/18/15--08:12: _Area Man Uses Tub H...
- 07/19/15--02:53: _Sierra Buttes to Be...
- 07/20/15--09:54: _Area Woman Uses Kom...
- 07/20/15--10:08: _Nevada City Woman S...
- 07/21/15--09:20: _2.5 Mile Comet to I...
- 07/21/15--09:38: _Scotch Broom to be ...
- 07/23/15--06:34: _Alien Spider Attach...
- 07/23/15--07:23: _Scooper Reporter La...
- 07/23/15--07:41: _Dog in a Hot Summer...
- 07/01/15--13:55: Penn Valley to Adopt Confederate Battle Flag
- 07/03/15--06:50: County Sheriff to Acquire Nation’s First Robocop
- 07/03/15--07:49: Area Man Stakes Gold Claim in Irrigation Ditch
- 07/07/15--06:55: KNCO Swap Shopper Assures Audience that His Tires are “Like New”
- 07/09/15--07:17: ISIS Training Ground Busted Up At Nevada County State Park
- 07/09/15--07:40: Area Man Regrets Selling Kidney on Black Market
- 07/09/15--08:20: Area Woman Wins Online Arguments by Calling Opponents “Trolls”
- 07/09/15--09:25: NID To Turn Water Off Every Tuesday Until Drought Is Over
- 07/16/15--04:51: Sheriff Fights Attorney Visits/Taxpayers Foot the Bill
- 07/18/15--08:12: Area Man Uses Tub Hair to Create Roommate Friendship Bracelets
- 07/19/15--02:53: Sierra Buttes to Become Huge Rock Sculpture of African-Americans
- 07/20/15--09:54: Area Woman Uses Kombucha To Treat Schizophrenia
- 07/20/15--10:08: Nevada City Woman Smudges House
- 07/21/15--09:20: 2.5 Mile Comet to Impact Local Anti-Chemtrailer’s Brain
- 07/21/15--09:38: Scotch Broom to be Planted Along California Highways
- 07/23/15--06:34: Alien Spider Attaches at Nevada County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- 07/23/15--07:23: Scooper Reporter Lands Gig on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- 07/23/15--07:41: Dog in a Hot Summer Car? Here’s What to Do
A group of Penn Valley, CA activists have band together and unofficially declared the Confederate Battle Flag to be its unofficial city flag.
The Scooper interviewed the lead Grand Jury investigator outside his Penn Valley Ax Grinding shop, but due to the high-risk nature of this investigation and the secrecy cloak for Grand Jury proceedings, he wished to remain anonymous.
The Robocop program was joint project between the United States Department of Defense, the mega-corporation Omni Consumer Products (OCP) company and the city of Detroit who declined to implement their own creation.
Jimmie Brenton of Woodpecker Way said he's grown tired of not being able to exercise his "God-given liberty" to do what he wants with his land. He is also tired of people walking behind his house on the Nevada Irrigation District (NID) Cascade Canal trail.
During a call to KNCO's popular sales radio show on Monday, Ken Weston of Grass Valley was attempting to sell his set of four Goodyear Wrangler MT/R(r) and assured the listening audience that his tires were virtually "like new." He also had two "take offs" including and old propane tank and slightly used AC Delco spark plugs.
Local authorities and Federal law enforcement have broken up an elaborate ISIS terrorist operation in the Sierra Foothills state park Malakoff Diggins.
"If I had to do it again, I wouldn't do it," said Mr. Igo. "But I try to watch what I eat and drink. Thank god there was no Facebook back then. All the dumb stuff I did as a kid was before the Internet.
A local unemployed and frequent Facebook participant Jennifer Murray of Nevada City, CA has taken to labeling anyone who irritates her on the popular social network "a troll." Apparently Ms. Murray arrived at this decision without little thought or consideration.
The Nevada Irrigation District or NID announced plans to shut off water deliveries every Tuesday until the drought subsides.
Wayne Brown Correctional Facility must allow contact visits between prisoners and their criminal defense attorneys. And now, so must all other county jails, thanks to the relentless efforts of Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal and the hired guns of County Counsel to try overturning this apparent right.
The California Association of Trial Lawyers (CATL) today announced that it had awarded Nevada County a Special Certificate of Appreciation and admitted it to its Hall of Fame.
Area Millennial Scott Foresight has grown tired of his sloppy and inconsiderate roommates, so he decided to take matters into his own hands. On Thursday, after removing his two roommates body hair from the shower drain, Mr. Foresight created "Friendship" bracelets for them.
In what may prove a bonanza for local tourism and a boost for racial harmony, President Obama has just signed an executive memorandum calling for the creation of a Mount Rushmore-like creation on the Sierra Buttes celebrating great African Americans.
Fresh off her self-proclaimed successes in treating autism with coconut oil, Merrilee Longshoes of North San Juan has announced a new treatment option for Schizophrenia: Kombucha.
A Nevada City woman has smudged her house in hopes of removing any "bad energy" left by the previous owners. Beverly "Indica" Anderson recently "smudged" her home on Orchard Street after she believed that the previous occupants deposited negative vibes into the home.
Playing off recent reports that a super-comet is scheduled to impact Earth in the same time frame, Mr. Wolford wanted to stress to the largely disinterested and sometimes nervous crowd that this calamitous even was really about him.
Climate change is causing California to reevaluate its position on Scotch broom. This oft maligned plant is now being touted as a valuable environmental asset.
An alien spider has apparently relocated to Nevada County, and local authorities are certain that this spider is responsible for "egregious behavior" witnessed at the Board of Supervisors meeting earlier this week.
Local humorist, author and mediocre guitar player, Delaney Faris, has recently signed a contract with Comedy Central to contribute freelance jokes, angles, and spin to The Daily Show to “make the show funnier.”
The Nevada County Scooper offers these tips if you see a dog driving a car. Remember stay calm and follow these easy steps and everything will be fine.