Articles on this Page
- 07/24/15--06:57: _County Supervisor S...
- 07/24/15--07:37: _Nevada County Leade...
- 07/24/15--09:42: _Area Man Accidental...
- 07/25/15--09:40: _North San Juan to S...
- 07/28/15--08:50: _Nevada County Launc...
- 07/28/15--11:27: _Locals and Flatland...
- 07/28/15--14:05: _Local Farmer Chortl...
- 07/28/15--14:23: _Anti-Gun Activists:...
- 07/29/15--15:54: _Burning Man Directo...
- 07/31/15--08:03: _Special Report: “Pr...
- 07/31/15--15:09: _Man Talking to Hims...
- 07/31/15--15:12: _Area Transplant Not...
- 07/31/15--16:27: _Nevada City, CA to ...
- 08/02/15--06:09: _Zuckerberg Concerne...
- 08/03/15--14:01: _Feds Ban Insecticid...
- 08/03/15--15:33: _A Call to Arms: The...
- 08/04/15--17:01: _Local Conservatives...
- 08/06/15--11:06: _Nevada City Tennis ...
- 08/06/15--11:53: _Officials Urge Calm...
- 08/06/15--14:04: _Area Man Only Eats ...
- 07/24/15--06:57: County Supervisor Sets New Staring Contest Record With Constituents
- 07/24/15--07:37: Nevada County Leaders to Teach Bullying in Nevada County Schools
- 07/24/15--09:42: Area Man Accidentally Terrifies Save Mart with Maul Axe
- 07/25/15--09:40: North San Juan to String Beer Bottle Lights
- 07/28/15--08:50: Nevada County Launches Promotional Campaign: GoSueNevadaCounty.com
- 07/28/15--14:05: Local Farmer Chortles at “Girl Scout Cookie” Creamer
- 07/28/15--14:23: Anti-Gun Activists: Change the Shape of Nevada County
- 07/31/15--08:03: Special Report: “Preppers” Responsible for California Drought
- 07/31/15--15:09: Man Talking to Himself in Grocery Outlet Apparently Not Insane
- 07/31/15--16:27: Nevada City, CA to Hire Dirty Harry After High Crime Ranking
- 08/03/15--15:33: A Call to Arms: The Emigrant Trail Jihad
- 08/04/15--17:01: Local Conservatives Create Anti-Liberal Facebook Group
- 08/06/15--11:06: Nevada City Tennis Player in Trouble for Littering Deer Creek
- 08/06/15--11:53: Officials Urge Calm During Upcoming Military/Martial Law Exercise
14 minutes and 26 seconds ticked off the clock as District 3 Nevada County Supervisor Dan “Stink-eye” Miller, smelling of sweat and determination, eyed the fearful constituent, but it paid off when the 63-year-old Rough and Ready woman finally burst into tears.
Nevada County CEO Rick Haffey and the Nevada County Board of Supervisors have started to scour the county budget seeking discretionary funds to support a neo-bullying program in the Nevada County Schools.
According to sources leaving the store, Mr. Morgan didn't go on a murderous rampage through the grocery store, but rather was walking around the aisles with a young boy holding what appeared to be a 6 to 8 lb. maul axe.
North San Juan, CA — In a bid to outdo Nevada City and “beat them to the punch,” community organizers in the rough and tumble little town of North San Juan are installing homemade street lights made out of old, dirty beer bottles. The bottles will be sourced from the Brass Rail, a popular tavern in […]
Nevada County officials today announced the launch of a new marketing campaign and website that capitalizes on the recent surge of court actions at the County level. “GoSueNevadaCounty.com” is an innovative and groundbreaking campaign that converts the angst of litigation into tangible long-term economic benefits for Nevada County.
In another terse “locals” against “transplants” debate, the Nevada County Facebook community pages have been heating up over which faction is doing all of the shitty driving in the area, and now the online fracas has spilled into the streets.
Local Ridge farmer Thomas Kevlin giggled Friday at local the Grass Valley Grocery Outlet after discovering a Coffee-Mate Creamer called "Girl Scout Cookie."
A Nevada City, CA group calling itself "Citizens for Ample Reform and Peace" or CARP is calling on the Board of Supervisors to change the shape of Nevada County's geographic borders to resemble a marijuana leaf.
What better place to start than asking Burners to transport themselves via the Hwy 49/20 corridor with a planned 'mini-gathering' in the cozy Sierra Nevada foothills community of Nevada City.
Tomorrow the FBI will release information that names Preppers as the cause of the California drought.
A man apparently talking to himself in the local Grass Valley, CA grocery store Grocery Outlet is not insane, but rather simply talking on his hands-free mobile phone ear piece.
Recent Vacaville, CA transplant Tommy Empire was not sure if the Iowa Hill, CA general store was actually a grocery store or somebody's kitchen.
The quaint gold rush town of Nevada City has hired rogue San Francisco policeman Harry Callahan to patrol the troubled town's crime-ridden streets.
Palo Alto/Nevada County, CA — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said early Monday morning that he is very concerned about the growing number of Nevada County-specific Facebook Groups popping up on the popular social media platform. “We are growing concerned about the sheer number of Nevada County-specific Facebook Groups that have appeared over the past year,” […]
Wait! Don't kill that roach. It could be protected. It could be the rare and endangered Gigantic Sierra Nevada Roach recently discovered in Nevada City, CA.
Tension is building in South Nevada County, as residents of several subdivisions arm themselves and form neighborhood militias to prevent opening of the historic overland Emigrant Trail. This conflict has been brewing for several years, as trail advocates have pushed the County Supervisors to open sections of the trail that go through the Golden Oaks, Sunshine Valley and Lodestar subdivisions.
A group of mostly Penn Valley, CA Conservatives and a few outlying malcontents have formed a Facebook Group with the reactionary purpose of immediately banning anything that seems to have any "Liberal" slant. According to the LIBERALS WILL be CENSORED! group, they will encourage "debate and then watch the liberal comments disappear! Kind of the Conservative peeps!"
In one of the more unusual cases of anti-litter enforcement, a Nevada City man, Arthur Flausterman, has been fined $110 for clogging up Deer Creek … with tennis balls. Noticing a disturbing increase in tennis balls polluting the scenic creek, Nevada City officials placed a hidden webcam at the Pioneer Park tennis courts. The creek runs behind the practice wall.
Local Police agencies will be collaborating with the FBI, the ATF and other agencies in the Department of Homeland Security to conduct 'martial law-type scenarios' in Nevada County at an unspecified time later this year.
Area man Jason Dubrey is now recovering from a month-long diet of Jamba Juice. Dubrey, 34, has been watching several online videos about weight loss and juice diets and decided last month to try a "30 day Juice fast."