Articles on this Page
- 08/09/15--09:01: _Sunday is “Nevada C...
- 08/09/15--09:29: _Nevada City Schools...
- 08/10/15--20:34: _Area Meat Cutter Ha...
- 08/11/15--17:01: _Government Explorin...
- 08/11/15--19:01: _High School Student...
- 08/11/15--19:08: _Area Man Washes in ...
- 08/13/15--07:29: _Man Under 30 Spotte...
- 08/13/15--07:52: _Delaney’s Big Adven...
- 08/13/15--10:37: _Camptonville Man Gr...
- 08/13/15--10:57: _Government to Use D...
- 08/14/15--10:01: _Neighbor Extends Fr...
- 08/14/15--10:56: _R.L. Crabb Apparent...
- 08/14/15--11:11: _R.L. Crabb Status Page
- 08/15/15--09:03: _Man Carpets Drivewa...
- 08/15/15--09:13: _Delaney’s Big Adven...
- 08/16/15--12:49: _Tragedy Strikes as ...
- 08/16/15--14:51: _The Scooper to Crow...
- 08/16/15--14:58: _Adult Toy Accidenta...
- 08/17/15--10:08: _Area Home Gardener ...
- 08/17/15--14:13: _Mysterious Light Be...
- 08/09/15--09:01: Sunday is “Nevada County Fair Tattoo Day”/Free ‘Tat’ Admission
- 08/09/15--09:29: Nevada City Schools to Observe Muslim Holidays
- 08/10/15--20:34: Area Meat Cutter Has Had It With Chicken Breasts
- 08/11/15--17:01: Government Exploring HAARP Relay Station on Banner Mountain
- 08/11/15--19:01: High School Students Vote to Legalize Weed
- 08/11/15--19:08: Area Man Washes in Wrong Order in Shower
- 08/13/15--07:29: Man Under 30 Spotted Working in Tea Party Booth
- 08/13/15--07:52: Delaney’s Big Adventure, Part I
- 08/13/15--10:37: Camptonville Man Grows Giant Hairy Cock
- 08/13/15--10:57: Government to Use Drones for Chemtrail Operations
- 08/14/15--10:01: Neighbor Extends Friendship with Large Inedible Zucchinis
- 08/14/15--10:56: R.L. Crabb Apparently Not Dead
- 08/14/15--11:11: R.L. Crabb Status Page
- 08/15/15--09:03: Man Carpets Driveway with Afghan Rugs
- 08/15/15--09:13: Delaney’s Big Adventure, Part Two
- 08/16/15--12:49: Tragedy Strikes as Teenager Becomes Separated From iPhone at Fair
- 08/16/15--14:51: The Scooper to Crowd-fund Flowers for Fair Volunteers
- 08/16/15--14:58: Adult Toy Accidentally Purchased from Salvation Army
- 08/17/15--10:08: Area Home Gardener Harvests $7.56 Tomato
- 08/17/15--14:13: Mysterious Light Beam Photographed Over Nevada City, CA
The Nevada County Fair is always looking for new ways to attract participants, and following a Fair-goer survey taken last year, officials decided to appeal to a growing segment of our community that is often overlooked in marketing, the huge Nevada County population with body tattoos.
Following the lead of the New York City school system, the nation's largest, the upstart Sierra Nevada foothills community of Nevada City announced that its schools will observe the two most important Muslim holidays next school year.
Area meat cutter Paul Payne is just about out of patience with his customers. He's worked behind the counter as a meat cutter answering locals' questions about fish, meat and poultry for over 17 year. However late Monday night towards the end of his shift, he confided in his boss Joe Wright that he was sick and tired of explaining chicken breasts to his customers.
Sources close to the government have leaked a memo stating that a "relay-like antenna device" might be installed in the important HAARP Banner Mountain location.
A students coalition from the Nevada Union School District have passed straw vote to legalize weed in all schools, school functions and at the local Taco Bell.
Cedar Ridge private contractor, family man and dutiful husband Ken Rice accidentally washed himself in the wrong order in the shower early Wednesday morning.
Visitors to the Nevada County Fair were shocked to see a man under the age of 30 attending to people at the local Tea Party Patriots booth. Richard N. Osorio of Penn Valley, CA has volunteered to work not only the Nevada County Tea Party booth, but also the adjoining State of Jefferson ones as well.
Scooper Delaney Faris contacted us and began writing stories again, but we still don’t know where he is. What follows is his account (in serial form) of why he dropped off the radar. We’re not sure we believe him.
Camptonville, CA — Walter Truman is primarily an egg farmer in Camptonville, but in an attempt to make a better layer he also breeds chickens. “None of this GMO stuff,” he explained as he knocked some chicken shit off his boots. “I breed hens the old fashioned way, picking the largest of each brood and […]
In a surprise executive order, the Obama Administration announced plans to license and deploy aerial drones to conduct Chemtrail spraying operations.
Grass Valley resident and home gardener Melba Felder decided it was time to be "neighborly" with the people on her street by sharing her large, overgrown, fibrous and mostly inedible Zucchini squashes with her Rhode Island Street neighbors.
After rumor of his untimely and surprising demise, the formerly dead local cartoonist and Scooper patron saint R.L. Crabb is apparently not dead. The Nevada County Scooper learned of this breaking news after an anonymous person slipped an unsigned white envelope under our Penn Valley, CA office front door. Scooper President Lou LaPlante attempted to apprehend the person, but they escaped in a faded, seafoam-blue AMC Gremlin.
R.L. Crabb, the Scooper's patron saint and local cartoon legend's current status.
Neighbors were surprised to see retired Army staff sergeant Brett Chen covering his entire driveway in Afghan rugs, some of the most beautiful and treasured rugs in the world.
Part 2: After his strange disappearance in New York City, Delaney “Happy Feet” Faris reconnected with The Scooper and filed a series of reports on what happened to him when he didn’t show up for his job with “The Daily Show.”
Tragedy struck late Saturday afternoon when 16 year old Daniella Bishop of Grass Valley, CA accidentally lost her iPhone 6 just after riding the barf-inducing carnival ride "The Zipper" at the Nevada County Fair. Upon discovering her missing mobile phone, Ms. Bishop immediately set into a teenage panic.
After learning about the overwhelming response to Free Tattoo Day at the Nevada County Fair, Scooper President Louis "Lou" LaPlante announced on Sunday that 92 year old news mainstay will start a crowd sourcing campaign to purchase flowers for fair ticket-takers and administrative staff.
Shelly Wagner made an unfortunate discovery Monday afternoon after purchasing a sexual aid she thought was a common household tool at the Salvation Army.
Area home gardener Herman M. Dean has been working all summer in his garden and announced to friends and family that he harvested his first tomato. A tomato estimated to cost $7.56 to produce.
Several readers have contacted the Nevada County Scooper with reports of a mysterious beam of light emanating from the sky in Nevada City. According to more than one caller, the mysterious beam of light seemed to originate beyond sight in the upper atmosphere and "landed" on Coyote Street in North Nevada City. No injuries were reported.