Articles on this Page
- 10/27/15--09:21: _Mormons Provide Sol...
- 10/28/15--22:57: _Supervisor Nate Bea...
- 10/29/15--20:36: _Area Chemtrail Acti...
- 10/30/15--13:01: _Supervisors Approve...
- 10/31/15--11:47: _Sierra Buttes to Be...
- 11/04/15--02:09: _NevaDUH! County Tax...
- 11/04/15--04:33: _Area Boy OK After S...
- 11/06/15--10:50: _Area Botox Party Go...
- 11/06/15--18:37: _KVMR to Run Lawrenc...
- 11/06/15--18:38: _Del Oro Tower to Of...
- 11/06/15--22:41: _Brief: Grass Valley...
- 11/07/15--17:41: _Seven arrests made ...
- 11/07/15--18:59: _Mysterious Light Be...
- 11/08/15--19:29: _Quaint Victorian Re...
- 11/08/15--22:31: _Stoners™ “Munchery”...
- 11/08/15--22:53: _Woman Proactively H...
- 11/09/15--19:50: _Nevada County to Pu...
- 11/09/15--21:15: _ISIS Launches Grena...
- 11/10/15--07:59: _County Social Servi...
- 11/10/15--08:21: _County Supervisor S...
- 10/27/15--09:21: Mormons Provide Solution to Area’s Chronic Drunk-Driving Problem
- 10/28/15--22:57: Supervisor Nate Beason Really Just a Twitchy Puppet
- 10/29/15--20:36: Area Chemtrail Activist to Collect & Test Toenail Clippings
- 10/30/15--13:01: Supervisors Approve “Adult” Halloween Treating
- 10/31/15--11:47: Sierra Buttes to Become Huge Rock Sculpture of African-Americans
- 11/04/15--02:09: NevaDUH! County Taxpayer$ Grab Their Ankles Yet Again
- 11/04/15--04:33: Area Boy OK After Shark Attack
- 11/06/15--10:50: Area Botox Party Goes Horribly Wrong
- 11/06/15--18:37: KVMR to Run Lawrence Welk Marathon
- 11/06/15--18:38: Del Oro Tower to Offer Free WiFi For Grass Valley
- 11/06/15--22:41: Brief: Grass Valley Police to Hire Former Ferguson Officer
- 11/07/15--17:41: Seven arrests made in ‘huge’ grape-crushing operation
- 11/07/15--18:59: Mysterious Light Beam Photographed Over Nevada City, CA
- 11/08/15--19:29: Quaint Victorian Really A Whorehouse, Says County Historian
- 11/08/15--22:31: Stoners™ “Munchery” To Open in Grass Valley
- 11/08/15--22:53: Woman Proactively Honks Horn in Roundabout
- 11/09/15--19:50: Nevada County to Pursue Privatization of the Board of Supervisors
- 11/09/15--21:15: ISIS Launches Grenade From Del Oro Roof At Local Car
- 11/10/15--07:59: County Social Services Implements Self-Service Option
- 11/10/15--08:21: County Supervisor Sets New Staring Contest Record With Constituents
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Department announced a new pilot program yesterday enlisting members of a local Mormon mission to give free rides to late night bar-goers. The partnership seeks to put an end to decades of tragic fatal alcohol-related incidents along Nevada County roadways, particularly along the Highway 49 corridor.
Ventriloquist dummies have come a long way from the days of Mortimer Snerd. They now appear life-like and may hold elected office. Puppetization of local elected officials was made possible with the advance of smart meter technology.
Area community and chemtrail activist Saihra Ramun announced to a crowd out in front of Nevada City's New York Hotel that she plans on going door-to-door collecting toenail clippings to test for traces of chemtrails.
The board voted 5 to 2 in favor of allowing adult county residents to hand out revelry packages to other adults on All Hallows Eve, who thought county residents might enjoy a little light-hearted fun, make some new friends, and start their weekend off with a bang.
In what may prove a bonanza for local tourism and a boost for racial harmony, President Obama has just signed an executive memorandum calling for the creation of a Mount Rushmore-like creation on the Sierra Buttes celebrating great African Americans.
The County paid $100,000 to outside attorneys and lost. Three times. And now, the Nevada County Superior Court has added another $82,680 to the cost of allowing the Sheriff to suck.
Adam Mills, 16, sustained non-life threatening injuries after he was attacked by, in his words, "a really big f'ing shark" while paddle boarding on the iconic Sierra Nevada foothills lake.
What started out as a girl's night out Botox party ended badly when a first time General Practitioner failed to administer the doses correctly. Although no one was hurt, many of the participants do have some facial disfigurements that will probably last a few months, after which the toxin wears off.
KVMR announced late last week that they will be hosting the county's first 24 hour Lawrence Welk marathon. The move, which according to insiders was driven by elderly activism who wished to "also have a voice," is seen as a disingenuous attempt to combat and mute much of what area aging activists feel is a "anti-conservative/pro-liberal" agenda at the radio station.
The Del Oro theater in Grass Valley, CA and the popular movie streaming service NetFlix™ announced early Thursday that the theater's iconic tower on Mill Street will provide high-speed Internet to the downtown area. The service, which has been in the planning phases for almost five years and had numerous setbacks, will provide Internet speeds similar to that of Satellite broadband.
The Grass Valley Police Department release a memorandum late this week notifying the public that it has hired a former Ferguson, Missouri police officer. In the memo, the department wanted to make it clear that the new hire was in no way politically motivated, nor was there anything more "than a routine hire."
Nevada County, CA — Prohibition officers looking to serve an arrest warrant Wednesday ended up arresting seven people and seizing more than 1,100 tons of varietal grapes in what appeared to be a large processing operation. In what signals a new tactic for local law enforcement, most of those arrested were “intoxigrants” from out of […]
Several readers have contacted the Nevada County Scooper with reports of a mysterious beam of light emanating from the sky in Nevada City. According to more than one caller, the mysterious beam of light seemed to originate beyond sight in the upper atmosphere and "landed" on Coyote Street in North Nevada City. No injuries were reported.
When the Foster family was relocating to Nevada City from Fremont, CA, they wanted to make sure that they purchased a house with character. Jim and Daphne Foster and their three children wanted a house with history. And according to local historian Dan Braggart, they "got just that: a whorehouse."
The nation's first restaurant dedicated to the burgeoning "impulse munchie" market is opening in the Sierra Nevada Foothills town of Grass Valley, CA. The new chain called Stoners™ which is new subsidiary of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., is and hopes to serve what the company believes is a radically under-served and growing market currently dominated by the fast food chain Taco Bell.
An area woman admitted on Thursday that she honks her horn as she travels around Grass Valley's Roundabout in her 1999 forest green Cherokee Sport to warn other drivers not to enter in front of her.
Nevada County Executive Officer Rick Haffey announcing that the County will issue a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to replace the Board of Supervisors with a private entity, a move that he said is being implemented to decrease the costs of local government and improve efficiency at the Rood Center.
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired from the roof of the Del Oro Theater striking a late model Toyota late Sunday afternoon in Grass Valley, CA. The attack, which ISIS took responsibility for, was targeted the first white car to emerge from the Safeway parking lot on Neal Street.
Given recent mandates to reduce the size of government from Republican leaders in Washington, without any guidance other than "figure it out," hundreds of County Heath and Human Services departments across the country have been forced to implement self-service features for their clients.
14 minutes and 26 seconds ticked off the clock as District 3 Nevada County Supervisor Dan “Stink-eye” Miller, smelling of sweat and determination, eyed the fearful constituent, but it paid off when the 63-year-old Rough and Ready woman finally burst into tears.