Articles on this Page
- 11/10/15--18:58: _Local Unplugged Mus...
- 11/11/15--14:37: _Area Feminist Petit...
- 11/11/15--18:31: _Soul Kitchen Closes...
- 11/11/15--18:43: _Penn Valley to Deny...
- 11/12/15--20:23: _California Legislat...
- 11/13/15--07:46: _North San Juan Resi...
- 11/13/15--14:35: _Childhood Friends O...
- 11/13/15--14:54: _Nevada City Launche...
- 11/14/15--16:25: _Pop Poop Pills for ...
- 11/15/15--06:48: _Briarpatch Co-op to...
- 11/15/15--09:58: _Area Waitress Attem...
- 11/15/15--14:11: _Traveling Meat Sale...
- 11/15/15--21:35: _Area Woman Regrets ...
- 11/15/15--22:00: _Teenager Suddenly V...
- 11/16/15--15:22: _Asperger’s Support ...
- 11/16/15--16:06: _Area Man with Cance...
- 11/16/15--20:34: _Are Sheep Sick of t...
- 11/17/15--10:53: _Area Man Confused A...
- 11/18/15--06:01: _Graham Chapman’s As...
- 11/19/15--20:19: _Flying Girl Caught ...
- 11/10/15--18:58: Local Unplugged Musician Reduced to Silence
- 11/11/15--14:37: Area Feminist Petitions to Have Broad Street Renamed
- 11/11/15--18:31: Soul Kitchen Closes, Saying Penn Valley Not a Good Fit
- 11/11/15--18:43: Penn Valley to Deny “Gay” Marriage Licenses
- 11/12/15--20:23: California Legislature Votes to Allow State of Jefferson to Secede
- 11/13/15--07:46: North San Juan Resident Can’t Handle the Hectic Pace of Grass Valley
- 11/14/15--16:25: Pop Poop Pills for Better Poop
- 11/15/15--06:48: Briarpatch Co-op to Open “Pay It Forward” Checkout Line
- 11/15/15--09:58: Area Waitress Attempts to Serve Passive-Aggressive Customers
- 11/15/15--14:11: Traveling Meat Salesman Harasses Grass Valley Neighborhood
- 11/15/15--21:35: Area Woman Regrets Impulse Purchases at Ross
- 11/15/15--22:00: Teenager Suddenly Vegetarian, Except for Chicken Nuggets
- 11/16/15--15:22: Asperger’s Support Group Meeting Awkwardly Silent
- 11/16/15--16:06: Area Man with Cancer & MS Tired of Sanctimonious People
- 11/16/15--20:34: Are Sheep Sick of the Word ‘Sheeple’?
- 11/17/15--10:53: Area Man Confused About What Kind of Racist He Is
- 11/18/15--06:01: Graham Chapman’s Ashes To Come to Center For The Arts
- 11/19/15--20:19: Flying Girl Caught on Camera in Sierra County (VIDEO)
Local hip-hop, dubstep and general techno musician "JP Cube a.k.a. Lethal Chrome" has been reduced to 45 minutes of silence after attempting to produce an "unplugged" album of his most popular songs.
Area community activist and former Sacramento State University feminist Sairhra Ramun of Nevada City has petitioned the city council to formally change the name of Broad Street to Nisenan Blvd. The move, which has been expected by acquaintances close to the activist, was inspired by recent unrest at several college campuses across the country.
Penn Valley's Angel's Soul Kitchen restaurant is apparently dead on arrival. The newly-opened 'Soul Kitchen' felt obliged to shut its doors after only 24 minutes of operation. There may be hope, however.
A group of local Christian activists have banded together to prevent same-sex marriages from happening in Penn Valley, CA. The group, called Citizen Against Non-Traditions or CAN'T, seeks to prevent anyone from gaining a marriage license in the rural, largely conservative town.
The State of California Legislature has voted to approve the State of Jefferson to secede from California and form a new state under Article IV, Section 3 of the United States Constitution. The formation of the new state has only one hurdle and that’s the approval from Congress to be admitted into the Union.
North San Juan resident Shep “The Ship” Walkins says he can't handle the hectic Grass Valley rat race. Walkins has been living up on "The Ridge" for over 32 years and considers himself a local boy.
Homegrown childhood friends Louise Albright and Jessica Downery grew up in Western Nevada County and have always discussed opening a business together. This week, the pair announced plans to open what they believe will be a successful business in the usually quiet township of Penn Valley, CA.
After months of deliberation, planning and passive-aggressive city council meetings, Nevada City has finally settled on a new slogan to entice tourist dollars to the quaint Sierra foothills community.
Dr. Scheiss explained C.diff. is a devastating, sometimes fatal bacterial infection of our guts that causes explosive diarrhea, belly pain, bloating, fever, uncontrollable barfing – and catastrophic weight loss. (No, this is not a diet. It's a life-threatening disease.)
The BriarPatch Co-op in Grass Valley is experimenting with a new form of checkout lane that relies on the good graces of their shoppers. The "Pay It Forward" checkout line allows BriarPatch customers to pay for the groceries of the person directly behind them in line.
Area waitress Saylor Chrissy is tired of people with their smartphones ruining her day and the days of other hard working people by posting their negative reviews on Yelp.
Traveling meat salesman Paul Sieben got a negative earful on Wednesday when he unsuccessfully went door-to-door attempting to get the residents of Rhode Island Street to buy his meat products. Mr. Sieben, who works for the Consolidated Meat Distributors, LLC has been selling meat out of the back of his Ford Taurus for over 12 years and recently decided to try the Nevada County territory.
Cedar Ridge power shopper Janet Williams has regrets about her recent trip to the Auburn, CA Ross Dress for Less store over the weekend. What started out as a whimsical "let's just see what they have in stock today" trip to the popular discount clothes and home furnishing store turned into a shopping odyssey as Ms. Williams filled up her Toyota Camry with over $250.00 of crap.
Local teenager Kevin Thomas of Grass Valley informed his family at the Thursday Night dinner table that he only likes chicken in nugget form. The 15-year-old, who by all accounts enjoyed all kinds of chicken preparations until this announcement, caught the Thomas family off guard.
A weekly support group meeting of Asperger's patients was awkwardly silent for the 6th straight week according to participant Don Bessert of Grass Valley. The meeting, which is the 6th attempt to get people afflicted with the social interaction and nonverbal communication ailment to talk to one another, was considered a failure by lead Clinical Psychologist Ed Woodward, PhD.
An area man suffering from both bone cancer and Multiple Sclerosis is tired of the sanctimonious declarations by area facebookers. Samuel Baker of Rhode Island Street said he's grown tired of people not having any balls and using his condition as an excuse to further their sanctimonious crusade in their minds.
You don't hear much about animal husbandry in Nevada County news these days. Sure, we have the 4H and NCAPSPCHAFFA, but the men and women running these farms – you just don't hear their voices very much. Far less is heard from their livestock.
Third generation local Norwegian resident Ernest Dahlman is not quite sure what kind of "white racist" he's supposed to me. Mr. Dahlman, 42, once recently called a "white racist" on a local Facebook comment thread and immediately became confused on just what kind of white person he was.
The ashes of Graham Chapman, the very dead English comedian, writer, actor, and one of the six members of the surreal comedy group Monty Python, are coming to Grass Valley's Center for the Arts the Scooper has learned.
The Nevada County Scooper has obtained an incredible video that depicts what appears to be a supernatural event. In a mobile phone video supplied by James L. McKnight of Grass Valley, CA, what appears to be a normal road side "pee break" for a Mr. McKnight's dog Bullit, turns into a paranormal event than he will never forget.