Articles on this Page
- 01/13/16--10:50: _Area Racist Acciden...
- 01/13/16--11:28: _Point/Counterpoint:...
- 01/14/16--13:16: _New Girl Scout Cook...
- 01/14/16--19:36: _“A Chorus Line” Inv...
- 01/15/16--07:35: _Amateur Astronomer ...
- 01/15/16--11:10: _Naked and Afraid Ep...
- 01/15/16--16:04: _Area Boy OK After S...
- 01/16/16--06:56: _Area Hipster Worrie...
- 01/16/16--07:38: _Area Drivers Sudden...
- 01/16/16--10:50: _Government: Drones ...
- 01/16/16--16:48: _Windows Up: Teenage...
- 01/16/16--21:08: _Nevada City Woman S...
- 01/17/16--20:01: _Sheriff Announces I...
- 01/18/16--11:14: _Chinese-Branded Pea...
- 01/18/16--12:57: _Cascade Shores Fami...
- 01/18/16--17:00: _Supervisors to Reco...
- 01/18/16--18:36: _Man Has Extended Ar...
- 01/19/16--21:14: _North San Juan Resi...
- 01/20/16--15:28: _Mega Mosque Planned...
- 01/20/16--17:41: _Local Unplugged Mus...
- 01/13/16--10:50: Area Racist Accidentally Polite To Asian Waiter
- 01/13/16--11:28: Point/Counterpoint: My Computer Hates Me
- 01/14/16--13:16: New Girl Scout Cookies to Address Wage Inequality
- 01/14/16--19:36: “A Chorus Line” Invades Board of Supervisors Meeting
- 01/15/16--11:10: Naked and Afraid Episode to be Filmed in Nevada City, CA
- 01/15/16--16:04: Area Boy OK After Shark Attack
- 01/16/16--06:56: Area Hipster Worried Beard Not Long Enough for Sharia Law
- 01/16/16--07:38: Area Drivers Suddenly Respectful to Bicyclists on Roadways
- 01/16/16--10:50: Government: Drones for Chemtrail Operations
- 01/16/16--16:48: Windows Up: Teenager “Revenge Farts” in Car Wash
- 01/16/16--21:08: Nevada City Woman Smudges House
- 01/17/16--20:01: Sheriff Announces Initiative to “Search and Cite” Vegetable Gardens
- 01/18/16--11:14: Chinese-Branded Peanut Butter Angers Trump Supporter
- 01/18/16--12:57: Cascade Shores Family Cited For Viking Funeral at Scott’s Flat Lake
- 01/18/16--17:00: Supervisors to Recommend Marijuana Cultivators Switch to Tobacco
- 01/18/16--18:36: Man Has Extended Argument With Himself on Facebook
- 01/19/16--21:14: North San Juan Resident Can’t Handle the Hectic Pace of Grass Valley
- 01/20/16--15:28: Mega Mosque Planned Next to Mega Church
- 01/20/16--17:41: Local Unplugged Musician Reduced to Silence
During a rather routine dinner at local restaurant Asian Gardens, Terry Adkinson was accidentally polite to his Asian waiter.
Reynaldo M. Rodriguez of Grass Valley, CA thinks his computer hates him, and his computer has something to say about that.
This year the Girl Scouts of America have expanded their social outreach to include some of the more pressing issues confronting Women across the world. To accomplish this, the 103 year old organization has announced a limited-time line of what they are calling "awareness cookies" which will augment the current cookie offerings which include Carmel deLites, formerly known as Samoas, Peanut Butter Patties and the family hoarding favorite, Thin Mints.
The entire cast of "A Chorus Line" briefly invaded the Board of Supervisors chamber to perform an a heart-wrenching version of their popular "What I Did for Love" to a mostly indifferent, and some would say annoyed district leaders.
Local amateur cryptozoologist, paranormal investigator, SciFi Channel fan and amateur astronomer Keith Bradenshauer of Alta Sierra, CA swears he spotted the illusive "Black Knight Satellite" using his Meade™ Telescope on Wednesday night.
The popular Discovery Channel docudrama Naked and Afraid will be filming in Nevada City during the summer shooting season, the Nevada County Scooper has learned. Filming is set for the July time-frame, with the "ahead" production team arriving in June to prepare the town for a bunch of naked people.
Adam Mills, 16, sustained non-life threatening injuries after he was attacked by, in his words, "a really big f'ing shark" while paddle boarding on the iconic Sierra Nevada foothills lake.
Area author Roy Riffle is worried that he will not be able to grow a beard long enough to satisfy the requirements of the inevitable arrival of Sharia Law.
Area drivers have suddenly and unexpectedly been extremely respectful of bicyclists sharing the roads recently. Many believe this may be because of a new law that requires drivers to steer clear, by at least three feet, around bicyclists riding on the road. The Scooper may have discovered another reason for the respectful trend.
In a surprise executive order, the Obama Administration announced plans to license and deploy aerial drones to conduct Chemtrail spraying operations.
An argument broke out in a Grass Valley late Sunday when 15 year old Kevin Thomas thought it would be funny to fart just prior to entering a local car wash.
A Nevada City woman has smudged her house in hopes of removing any "bad energy" left by the previous owners. Beverly "Indica" Anderson recently "smudged" her home on Orchard Street after she believed that the previous occupants deposited negative vibes into the home.
Following up on last week's decision by the Nevada County Board of Supervisors to enact an urgent ordinance eliminating outdoor marijuana grows, an anonymous tipster contacted the Scooper to disclose another related action taken by local authorities.
After discovering a Chinese-branded version of Skippy peanut butter in the Grass Valley, CA Grocery Outlet, area Trump supporter and occasional restaurant racist Terry Adkinson proclaimed to a largely disinterested collection of shoppers that "this is why America is not great anymore."
A local Norwegian family from the Cascade Shores housing development is in hot water for attempting to cremate a deceased relative on Scotts Flat Lake earlier today. The Barstad family recently suffer the loss of the family's patriarch, Norman Barstad, who had lived with the family at their Spanish Lane home.
Following the controversy surrounding last week’s enactment of an ordinance banning outdoor marijuana cultivation, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors is planning to issue a proclamation at its next meeting recommending that cannabis cultivators switch their crops to tobacco.
An area man with a fake Facebook account had an extended argument with his other fake Facebook account earlier this week when he accused his second "fake" Facebook account of ironically being a fake account.
North San Juan resident Shep “The Ship” Walkins says he can't handle the hectic Grass Valley rat race. Walkins has been living up on "The Ridge" for over 32 years and considers himself a local boy.
A new "mega mosque" is slated to open next to Twin Cities Church sometime next year, according to developers working on the project.
Local hip-hop, dubstep and general techno musician "JP Cube a.k.a. Lethal Chrome" has been reduced to 45 minutes of silence after attempting to produce an "unplugged" album of his most popular songs.