Articles on this Page
- 01/20/16--19:02: _Local Fur Shop Solv...
- 01/21/16--06:09: _Local Activists Cit...
- 12/30/15--09:25: _Area Man Scolds “Mu...
- 01/22/16--20:47: _General Store or So...
- 01/23/16--07:43: _Bigfoot to Support ...
- 01/24/16--07:14: _Most Americans Stil...
- 01/24/16--16:08: _The Scooper’s Top 2...
- 01/24/16--17:49: _Local Entrepreneur ...
- 01/25/16--03:51: _Alta Sierra Man Swe...
- 01/26/16--11:11: _Millennial Gets Gra...
- 01/27/16--06:16: _Starbucks™ Brewing ...
- 01/27/16--06:24: _Penn Valley to Adop...
- 01/27/16--06:40: _Area Minivan with M...
- 01/27/16--07:28: _Teenager Suddenly V...
- 01/27/16--08:47: _North San Juan Resi...
- 01/27/16--09:09: _“Red Dog Jane” Ghos...
- 01/28/16--19:34: _Amazon Echo Holds F...
- 01/28/16--21:57: _KKK Asks Local Blog...
- 01/30/16--09:02: _State of Jefferson ...
- 01/30/16--09:44: _Zuckerberg Angry Ab...
- 01/20/16--19:02: Local Fur Shop Solves Bear Invasion Issue/Creates Bear Boxing
- 01/21/16--06:09: Local Activists Cite High Crime Numbers to Deter Tourism
- 12/30/15--09:25: Area Man Scolds “Muslim” Outdoor Umbrellas
- 01/22/16--20:47: General Store or Someone’s Home: Area Man Unsure
- 01/23/16--07:43: Bigfoot to Support Bernie Sanders
- 01/24/16--07:14: Most Americans Still Unclear Where Benghazi Is
- 01/24/16--16:08: The Scooper’s Top 20 Death Threats
- 01/24/16--17:49: Local Entrepreneur Thwarted by DSL
- 01/25/16--03:51: Alta Sierra Man Swears He Spotted Bigfoot
- 01/26/16--11:11: Millennial Gets Grammatically Incorrect Tattoo
- 01/27/16--06:16: Starbucks™ Brewing Up New Coffee Colonic Service
- 01/27/16--06:24: Penn Valley to Adopt Confederate Battle Flag
- 01/27/16--06:40: Area Minivan with Missing Hubcap Seen Driving Erratically
- 01/27/16--07:28: Teenager Suddenly Vegetarian, Except for Chicken Nuggets
- 01/27/16--08:47: North San Juan Residents Panic as Sheriff Appears in “Cannabutter”
- 01/27/16--09:09: “Red Dog Jane” Ghost Spotted on Highway 20
- 01/28/16--19:34: Amazon Echo Holds Family Hostage In Home
- 01/28/16--21:57: KKK Asks Local Blogger to “Turn it Down a Notch”
- 01/30/16--09:02: State of Jefferson Protest Prompts Mothman Appearance [VIDEO]
- 01/30/16--09:44: Zuckerberg Angry About the Number of Nevada County Facebook Groups
After the successful planning phase of the Dollar Fur Store which will be located at the foot of Broad Street, Roseville, CA developer Jackson-Pilfer properties has solved the recent "bear/drought" crisis by creating a 19 foot round sinkhole at the intersections of Broad and Pine Streets, and filling it with delicious crepes.
A vocal group of Nevada City activists cited recent high crime data in attempts to deter tourism and development in the quaint Sierra Foothills town.
Lawrence Bergerson of Penn Valley took it upon himself to explain the evils of Islam to what he believed were burqa-clad women in a downtown Grass Valley restaurant. The lecture was believed to have lasted as long as 5 minutes before the management asked him to leave the property.
Recent Vacaville, CA transplant Tommy Empire was not sure if the Iowa Hill, CA general store was actually a grocery store or somebody's kitchen.
After spending years as a Peace and Freedom Party voter, Bigfoot, the cryptid ape- or hominid-like creature that some people believe inhabits forests mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America, has announced his support for Democrat presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
Despite Republican successes in national and local elections in the past four years, and a persistent media campaign in largely Right Wing news outlets, most Americans are still unclear where the hell Benghazi is. Even after several Congressional hearings trying to pin the blame on then Secretary of State and now Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, most American think Benghazi is somewhere in Asia.
We here at the Nevada County Scooper regularly get quite colorful death threats from our fans. While dozens of calls and emails to the Scooper a day are really very nice and often informative, many calls to our contact number (530-362-8471), and our email are very specific about the type of grave bodily harm the Scooper fan contacting us would like to inflict upon one writer or another.
Nevada County Home Business "Shake It Well" came to a screeching halt on Sunday night when Bob and Danni Schlozmeyer's DSL went down for the 3rd time that day and the 19th time this week.
Keith Bradenshauer swears he spotted Bigfoot Saturday night along Norlene Dr. on his way back from making a payment on his Check Cashing Service advance.
28 year old Millennial Susan Hobson finished getting her 6th tattoo "inked" on Saturday at a popular Grass Valley tattoo studio.
Starbucks™ Corporation announced this week that it plans to augment its extensive line of coffee, teas and snacks with a new colonic/enema health care option.
A group of Penn Valley, CA activists have banded together and unofficially declared the Confederate Battle Flag to be its unofficial city flag. They've formed an action group called the Penn Valley Citizens Against Speech Oppression or PVCASO (pronounced "puv cay-so"), which aims to restore the values of traditional, Christian America to America.
Grass Valley mother of 4 and 1994 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan owner Mindy Alters was witnessed driving somewhat erratically Sunday afternoon on Brunswick Road. She was seen recklessly entering traffic from the Safeway parking lot, nearly striking a 2011 Toyota Prius.
Local teenager Kevin Thomas of Grass Valley informed his family at the Thursday Night dinner table that he only likes chicken in nugget form. The 15-year-old, who by all accounts enjoyed all kinds of chicken preparations until this announcement, caught the Thomas family off guard.
Looking up at her was the smirking image of Nevada County Sheriff Chief Royal, his facial features and pointy mustache carved forcefully into the marijuana butter.
The circumstances behind Janie H. Barnes' 1941 death are still a mystery. According to scant police records, Ms. Barnes was apparently walking alone towards Truckee during the early morning hours of September 6th, 1941 on what is now Highway 20.
When the Johnsons took delivery of an Amazon.com echo, it created some controversy in their normally austere household. It also created an atmosphere of terror.
The American racist and "nativist" terrorist organization the Ku Klux Klan, or the KKK for short, has asked local "conservetarian" blogger to turn his rhetoric "down a notch" after several blatantly racist remarks he's made in the past couple of years.
The Mothman creature appeared after an 3 hour pro-State of Jefferson protest on the normally ordinary and uneventful overpass. The protest, which was organized to raise secession awareness for the proposed 51st State, seems to have drawn the foreboding creature to the Nevada County Area.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said this week that he is very concerned about the growing number of Nevada County-specific Facebook Groups popping up on the popular social media platform.