Articles on this Page
- 12/25/14--17:51: _Nevada County Sheri...
- 12/25/14--18:53: _Thomas Pynchon spot...
- 12/25/14--18:55: _Lake of the Pines W...
- 12/27/14--05:00: _Persistent Voluntee...
- 12/27/14--07:24: _Foothill Country Da...
- 12/27/14--08:57: _“The Sedona Vortex ...
- 12/28/14--09:19: _Area Man Attempts t...
- 12/30/14--08:22: _Scoopito: Jeff Pell...
- 12/30/14--09:53: _Penn Valley Residen...
- 12/31/14--13:15: _Area Man Shamelessl...
- 01/01/15--05:15: _Easy Bake Oven Thwa...
- 01/01/15--18:06: _Scooper Drone Over ...
- 01/01/15--22:43: _Local Fake Reporter...
- 01/02/15--07:23: _Outrage: The Union ...
- 01/03/15--09:47: _County Government W...
- 01/05/15--06:53: _Area Hardware Store...
- 01/05/15--09:13: _Area Man Who Says “...
- 01/05/15--11:47: _New Years Resolutio...
- 01/05/15--12:35: _Vaccines Replaced B...
- 01/05/15--16:00: _Local Parent to Sch...
- 12/25/14--17:51: Nevada County Sheriff Investigates Tainted Santa Treats
- 12/25/14--18:53: Thomas Pynchon spotted in Lake of the Pines
- 12/25/14--18:55: Lake of the Pines Woman Reuses Christmas Tree All Year
- 12/27/14--05:00: Persistent Volunteer Kills Town’s Can-Do Spirit
- 12/27/14--07:24: Foothill Country Dancers to hold “Germaphobe” Contra Dance
- 12/27/14--08:57: “The Sedona Vortex Store” to Open in Vacant Nevada City Building
- 12/28/14--09:19: Area Man Attempts to Navigate Wife’s Purse
- 12/30/14--08:22: Scoopito: Jeff Pelline Announced As New Copy Editor for The Union
- 12/30/14--09:53: Penn Valley Residents Urging Carry and Conceal Plastic Bag Ordinance
- 01/01/15--05:15: Easy Bake Oven Thwarted by LED Light Bulb Temperature
- 01/01/15--18:06: Scooper Drone Over Nevada City
- 01/01/15--22:43: Local Fake Reporter Joins List of Mars-bound Earth Escapees
- 01/02/15--07:23: Outrage: The Union Newspaper Publishing Fake News
- 01/03/15--09:47: County Government Worker Disappointed He’s not a 1%-er Yet
- 01/05/15--06:53: Area Hardware Store Employee Avoids Eye Contact
- 01/05/15--09:13: Area Man Who Says “Wine Good for the Heart” on His 4th Cocktail
- 01/05/15--11:47: New Years Resolution Thwarted By Canal Gate
- 01/05/15--12:35: Vaccines Replaced By Witchcraft
You Like? Please Share.North San Juan, CA – Multiple reports of “at least 20″ Nevada County Sheriff’s Office patrol cars from the Rood Center heading up Highway 49 to the San Juan Ridge at around 4 am this morning are coinciding with an emerging story that Santa was not able to complete his rounds last […]
You Like? Please Share.Lake of the Pines, CA – Recluse author Thomas Pynchon was spotted lounging on the shores of Lake of the Pines presumably at his lake-side home. It is unclear at this time why he chose to settle in the exclusive, gated community, but when approached for comment he said, “Get the f*@# […]
You Like? Please Share.Lake of the Pines, CA – Area Woman Margaret Porter reuses her artificial Christmas Tree all year around to celebrate a myriad of festivals and holidays. “It all started a few years back when I forgot to take down the Christmas Tree,” said Ms. Porter on Tuesday afternoon, “so I kept it […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – A local woman’s chronic volunteerism is being blamed by townsfolk for robbing them of their initiative and dulling their once notable can-do spirit. Well-known do-gooder about town, Sairhra Ramun, is justly renowned for her many good works in Nevada City, including her years of toil on the City […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – According to sources close to hopping Nevada County social dance scene, the popular Foothill County Dancers plan to broaden their reach by including a monthly pro “Germaphobe” contra dance for those socialites who fear illness from strangers. Germaphobia, known more officially as Mysophobia is a pathological fear of […]
You Like? Please Share.Sedona, AZ – In an effort to expand its “brand” outside the city limits, the popular New Age, Native American and Crystal purveyor The Sedona Vortex is considering opening a satellite shop in the vacant Cirino’s building on Broad Street in Nevada City. “It seems like the perfect time to expand our […]
You Like? Please Share.Cedar Ridge, CA – Recent Vacaville, CA transplant Tommy Empire attempted to search for his car keys in his wife’s purse on Saturday with no success. “I couldn’t find the damn things,” said a frustrated Tommy Empire from his Cedar Ridge Home. “I let her borrow the keys to my Camry, and […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – After an exhaustive recruitment campaign that lasted literally most of last Thursday afternoon, The Union newspaper announced on Monday that Jeff Pelline, the one-time Editor of the newspaper, has returned to the organization as the newly-hired Copy Editor. True to form, Pelline announced the hiring himself a full […]
You Like? Please Share.Penn Valley, CA – In an astonishing, and what some are calling a reactionary turn of events, citizens of the quiet, conservative census-designated town of Penn Valley are asking the Nevada County Board of Supervisors to pass an ordinance to “allow all law-abiding citizens to carry and conceal as many plastic bags as they […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – A local man has been adding high value Google Adwords into his articles to boost his Search Engine Optimization or SEO rating in attempts to boost his website advertising revenue. Local success and productivity guru, and occasional SEO private contractor Mitch Freed has been shamelessly adding high-value Google Adwords […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA — Warren Grant of Nevada City became agitated on Wednesday when his daughter’s Christmas Gift, a “retro” Kenner Easy Bake Oven, failed to cook the small-batch cake mix. “I just don’t get it,” said Mr Grant in the Scooper telephone interview. “We followed the directions to a ‘tee,’ and the mix […]
You Like? Please Share. Scooper Drone Over Nevada City, no birds or property hurt. No shots fired. 2013 Goblin 770 drone. Flight time 3 minutes, 30 seconds. Top Speed 160mph. Altitude 6000ft. GoPro Hero 3 @720p 120 frames/sec. Scooper Related PostsNevada City Bans Indoor PlumbingDrone Over The Yuba River: No Shots FiredBrief: Nevada City Woman […]
You Like? Please Share.Downieville, CA– The Nevada County Scooper has learned that Nuke Brunswick, an imposter who sometimes writes for a newspaper in another county, has added his name to those bound for Mars. “I’m suspicious that the deadline was New Years’ Day for signing up for the Mars adventure,” Brunswick said. “But, I have […]
You Like? Please Share. Grass Valley, CA – The Nevada County Scooper has learned that The Union newspaper, a publication that prides itself on 150 years of tradition and a 92-year-old battle with the Nevada County Scooper, is publishing fake news. In what appears to be an effort to raise viewership, The Union has dropped a […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada County, CA – Upon realizing that his $220,000 plus compensation package falls shy of enlisting him in the ranks of the famed “1%-ers,” a local Nevada County government director is disappointed that he did not meet the elite $350,000 threshold for his demographic. “I never really looked into it,” said 42-year-old James […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA — Rick Guzman has been working in hardware for almost 9 years and has become an expert at avoiding customer eye contact. “That’s the trick, you see. You have to be out on the floor, but if you watch customer movement out of the corner of your eye, and wait for […]
You Like? Please Share.Alta Sierra, CA – Local retiree Sal Smith announced to his visiting family over the holidays that “a glass of red wine is good for your heart,” as he consumed his 4th New Years Eve cocktail. “You know I read that a glass of red wine is good for the heart,” said […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – Burt Bowles is fed up with fatphobia. Trying to live up to his New Year’s resolution to lose weight, Bowles, of Nevada City, decided to take a walk along the NID ditch on Banner Mountain, only to be turned back by a metal barrier with a pedestrian opening […]
You Like? Please Share.San Juan Ridge, CA – In what some are hailing as a breakthrough in the movement, local anti-vaccine activists and Wicca practitioners have teamed up to prevent childhood vaccinations and treat Autism with Witchcraft. Wicca is a modern pagan, witchcraft religion, which is highly decentralized and somewhat anarchistic. It was developed in England […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – Lisa Fellows has two children at Yuba River Charter School. William, aged 10, and Betsy, aged 13. She home-schooled both of them until they were 8, and then she decided that each needed a more “socially diverse environment” to grow. Ms. Fellows is a firm believer in not vaccinating her […]