Articles on this Page
- 03/24/17--19:15: _Mysterious Light Be...
- 03/26/17--07:12: _Elks Lodge to Host ...
- 03/26/17--07:30: _Area Man Advised to...
- 03/26/17--10:41: _Area Man’s Space Sa...
- 03/27/17--19:16: _Global Patchouli Sh...
- 03/27/17--19:31: _Bilderberg Group to...
- 03/31/17--08:31: _Area Guinea Pig Obt...
- 03/31/17--09:06: _Disney-Style Narrat...
- 03/31/17--10:25: _Instructables.com P...
- 03/31/17--18:59: _Study: Cell Towers ...
- 04/05/17--09:04: _California Legislat...
- 04/05/17--09:17: _Area Woman Cashes i...
- 04/05/17--11:38: _Stone Mountain, GA ...
- 04/06/17--08:48: _Art Bell to Host We...
- 04/06/17--14:08: _Nevada City Launche...
- 04/07/17--21:09: _Area Boy Recovering...
- 04/10/17--13:40: _Missing Psych Ward ...
- 04/10/17--16:04: _Banner Mountain Res...
- 04/11/17--15:23: _Deceased Nevada Cit...
- 04/12/17--19:25: _Childhood Friends O...
- 03/24/17--19:15: Mysterious Light Beam Photographed Over Nevada City, CA
- 03/26/17--07:12: Elks Lodge to Host Roundabout Support Group
- 03/26/17--07:30: Area Man Advised to Double Bag Deceased Cat
- 03/27/17--19:16: Global Patchouli Shortage Hits Nevada County Hard
- 03/27/17--19:31: Bilderberg Group to Meet in Sierra City in 2017
- 03/31/17--08:31: Area Guinea Pig Obtains Higher Consciousness in Pile of Timothy Hay
- 03/31/17--09:06: Disney-Style Narration Fails to Rouse Lazy Teenagers for School
- 03/31/17--18:59: Study: Cell Towers Kill Zika And West Nile Virus Mosquitoes
- 04/05/17--09:04: California Legislature Votes to Allow State of Jefferson to Secede
- 04/05/17--09:17: Area Woman Cashes in on Chemtrail Clothing Craze
- 04/05/17--11:38: Stone Mountain, GA Chosen for Immediate Syrian Refugee Relocation
- 04/06/17--08:48: Art Bell to Host Weekly Show on Nevada City’s KVMR
- 04/07/17--21:09: Area Boy Recovering After Shark Attack
- 04/10/17--13:40: Missing Psych Ward Patient Found Working As Local DJ
- 04/10/17--16:04: Banner Mountain Residents Terrorized by Roaming “Deer Gardener”
Several readers have contacted the Nevada County Scooper with reports of a mysterious beam of light emanating from the sky in Nevada City. According to more than one caller, the mysterious beam of light seemed to originate beyond sight in the upper atmosphere and "landed" on Coyote Street in North Nevada City. No injuries were reported.
The Grass Valley Elks Lodge has generously offered to host a support group for those adversely affected by the two roundabouts in our community. We met with the co-founders of the group who would like to be known as Todd and Pam to protect their identity.
A Grass Valley resident is still grieving after discovering his beloved cat was caught under the wheel well of his Buick LeSabre and dragged for three city blocks.
Retired area "old-timer" James Richards has shared a special stash of photos he collected from "his NASA years" with family and friends. However since his recent passing, his son Richard suspects that his Father might have invented not only his astrophysics background, but also fabricated stories about his exclusive "space pictures" of Earth.
The news that worldwide production of patchouli oil would be at 27 percent of normal levels spread quickly throughout Nevada County last Sunday.
The annual private meeting of North American and European elites known as the Bilderberg Group announced this week that they will be holding their annual conference at Herrington's Sierra Pines Resort in June of 2017.
An area guinea pig has found peace and self actualization after his 11-year old owner Stephanie Jameson accidentally have the creature a double amount of timothy hay earlier this week.
An area father has failed in his attempts to roust his sleepy teenagers this morning after heroically mimicking a Disney-style narrator's tone. Grass Valley's Craig Thomas spent almost 15 minutes using flowery language and speaking in a deep and affected voice with the hopes that the commanding performance would
A recently transplanted Bay Area family found itself earlier this week on the brink of starvation after moving to the North San Juan ridge located in a remote part of Nevada County.
A massive two year study conducted by the Palo Alto-based Rundex Family Foundation and sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) National Toxicology Program (NTP) has determined that modern cell phone towers can deter and some cases kill mosquito disease vectors.
The State of California Legislature has voted to approve the State of Jefferson to secede from California and form a new state under Article IV, Section 3 of the United States Constitution. The formation of the new state has only one hurdle and that’s the approval from Congress to be admitted into the Union.
Ardwelia Kushborn established her company Signal Shield in the summer of 2011 to provide, in her words, "an innovative line of protective clothing designed for today's conscious consumer."
Humanitarian workers will resettle the final wave of Syrian refugees in Stone Mountain as the remnants of the Obama Administration struggle to bring at least 10,000 Syrian refugees to the U.S. by the end of September.
According to Nevada City insiders, famous late-night founders of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM has come out of semi-retirement for the 4th time to host an exclusive radio show on local station KVMR
After months of deliberation, planning and passive-aggressive city council meetings, Nevada City has finally settled on a new slogan to entice tourist dollars to the quaint Sierra foothills community.
Adam Mills, 16, sustained non-life threatening injuries after he was attacked by, in his words, "a really big f'ing shark" while paddle boarding on the iconic Sierra Nevada foothills lake.
Nevada County mental health officials working with local law enforcement said they've located escaped psych ward patient James E. Stanley working as a night DJ at the Nevada City, CA-based community radio station KVMR.
Homeowners in the affluent Nevada City, CA neighborhood of Banner Mountain are discovering that a supposed door-to-door gardener is not a gardener, but rather a California mule deer. Many have been fooled and countless gardens and vegetation have been destroyed.
A Nevada City dentist known for his deep love of family and wife swapping died this week. Harold Ardon, 92, died Monday at his Nevada City home.
Homegrown childhood friends Louise Albright and Jessica Downery grew up in Western Nevada County and have always discussed opening a business together. This week, the pair announced plans to open what they believe will be a successful business in the usually quiet township of Penn Valley, CA.