- RSS Channel Showcase 1925574
- RSS Channel Showcase 2658008
- RSS Channel Showcase 7198696
- RSS Channel Showcase 2937343
Articles on this Page
- 07/22/17--11:29: _Local Creamery Disc...
- 07/24/17--19:40: _World Famous Grumpy...
- 07/25/17--20:40: _Area Man Fails to L...
- 07/29/17--22:13: _Chipotle Caught Dum...
- 08/15/17--21:26: _Baby Moses Re-enact...
- 08/15/17--21:49: _Junk Drawer Won’t O...
- 08/15/17--22:13: _1,500,000 Gallons O...
- 08/17/17--20:58: _Local Entrepreneur ...
- 08/19/17--21:39: _Shocking Report: Si...
- 08/20/17--09:47: _Area Lottery Winner...
- 08/21/17--10:45: _Historians: Nevada ...
- 08/25/17--09:34: _Recently Paroled Un...
- 08/27/17--10:17: _Area Racist Never R...
- 08/28/17--18:35: _Rocklin McDonald’s ...
- 09/04/17--18:47: _Tony Robbins: Nevad...
- 09/04/17--19:25: _Area Irrigation Spr...
- 09/05/17--09:26: _Cell Phone Tower Do...
- 09/05/17--09:29: _Study: Cell Towers ...
- 09/05/17--09:30: _Utility Smart Meter...
- 09/09/17--16:14: _Officials: NC Scoop...
- 09/11/17--16:09: _Pat Robertson Blame...
- 09/11/17--16:37: _Bill Nye Praises th...
- 09/12/17--18:20: _“My Sexbot Cut Off ...
- 09/12/17--19:57: _Area Guinea Pig Uni...
- 09/21/17--18:57: _Trimmigrant’s Skinn...
- 09/21/17--19:51: _Nevada City Becomes...
- 09/26/17--23:02: _Researchers Discove...
- 09/28/17--21:38: _New HAARP Relay Sta...
- 10/01/17--19:16: _Recently Discovered...
- 10/02/17--19:04: _Federal Gun Confisc...
- 10/07/17--21:45: _Roundabout Shows Mo...
- 10/16/17--18:53: _Attention-starved L...
- 10/27/17--10:39: _Nevada City to Host...
- 10/27/17--10:44: _Area Transplant Thi...
- 10/28/17--09:27: _Area Laser Hair Rem...
- 10/30/17--10:11: _Persistent Voluntee...
- 10/30/17--18:49: _Area Homeless Man W...
- 11/05/17--11:25: _World War II Ship M...
- 11/11/17--12:05: _NC Scooper Admits E...
- 11/14/17--17:44: _Area Non-Binary Soc...
- 11/26/17--17:14: _Local Newspaper Out...
- 12/03/17--18:07: _California Condor N...
- 12/05/17--12:03: _Area Woman To Film ...
- 12/06/17--19:35: _Kansas Farmer Denie...
- 12/07/17--14:27: _Russians Hack Local...
- 12/14/17--06:18: _Area Senior Citizen...
- 12/14/17--18:40: _Area Pastor Defies ...
- 12/15/17--09:16: _Truckee Couple Free...
- 12/16/17--13:12: _Area 22 Year Old to...
- 12/17/17--18:50: _Donner Party Family...
- 07/22/17--11:29: Local Creamery Discontinuing Popular Butter-by-Mail Service
- 07/24/17--19:40: World Famous Grumpy Cat Dead At Age 5
- 07/25/17--20:40: Area Man Fails to Live Up to the Promises of His Deodorant
- 07/29/17--22:13: Chipotle Caught Dumping E. Coli Infected Beef Into Lake Wildwood
- 08/15/17--21:26: Baby Moses Re-enactment Goes Horribly Wrong on Local Creek
- 08/15/17--21:49: Junk Drawer Won’t Open Despite Repeated & Forceful Attempts
- 08/15/17--22:13: 1,500,000 Gallons Of Sewage Spews Into Local Lake
- 08/17/17--20:58: Local Entrepreneur Thwarted by DSL
- 08/19/17--21:39: Shocking Report: Sibling Blames the Other Sibling
- 08/20/17--09:47: Area Lottery Winner Plans to Travel/Masturbate Frequently
- 08/21/17--10:45: Historians: Nevada City, CA Actually an Old Star Trek Episode Set
- 08/25/17--09:34: Recently Paroled Unabomber Spotted at Area Best Buy
- 08/27/17--10:17: Area Racist Never Responds to Trump Approval Poll Requests
- 09/04/17--18:47: Tony Robbins: Nevada County Too Crazy For Me
- 09/04/17--19:25: Area Irrigation Sprinkler Goes Rogue/Attacks Pavement
- 09/05/17--09:26: Cell Phone Tower Doubles in Size Following Record Rains
- 09/05/17--09:29: Study: Cell Towers Kill Zika And West Nile Virus Mosquitoes
- 09/05/17--09:30: Utility Smart Meter Provides Area Woman with Vivid Dreams
- 09/09/17--16:14: Officials: NC Scooper May Be Developing Weapons-Grade Satire
- 09/11/17--16:09: Pat Robertson Blames Burning Man For Hurricanes
- 09/11/17--16:37: Bill Nye Praises the Nevada County Scooper’s Fight Against Fake News
- 09/12/17--18:20: “My Sexbot Cut Off My Penis,” Claims Area Man
- 09/12/17--19:57: Area Guinea Pig Unimpressed with Leftover Short Rib
- 09/21/17--18:57: Trimmigrant’s Skinny Jeans Leads to Hospitalization
- 09/21/17--19:51: Nevada City Becomes Nation’s First Crowdfunded Town
- 09/26/17--23:02: Researchers Discover Ancient Petroglyph in California Lake
- 09/28/17--21:38: New HAARP Relay Station Source of Fierce Local Debate
- 10/01/17--19:16: Recently Discovered 1994 Study Reveals Mobile Phones Cause Cancer
- 10/02/17--19:04: Federal Gun Confiscation Unit Arrives in Penn Valley, CA
- 10/07/17--21:45: Roundabout Shows Modern Technology’s Weakness
- 10/16/17--18:53: Attention-starved Local Man Starts #allgenitalsmatter Movement
- 10/27/17--10:39: Nevada City to Host Nation’s First “Halloweed” Parade October 31st
- 10/27/17--10:44: Area Transplant Thinks Whole Town Smells Like Dope
- 10/28/17--09:27: Area Laser Hair Removal Accidentally Severs Man’s Scrotum
- 10/30/17--10:11: Persistent Volunteer Kills Town’s Can-Do Spirit
- 10/30/17--18:49: Area Homeless Man Works as Parking Meter
- 11/05/17--11:25: World War II Ship Mysteriously Appears in Local Schoolyard
- 11/11/17--12:05: NC Scooper Admits Error/Promises a ‘Non-Fake’ Future
- 11/26/17--17:14: Local Newspaper Outsourcing Operations to Barstow, CA
- 12/03/17--18:07: California Condor Nest Spotted in Area Cell Tower
- 12/05/17--12:03: Area Woman To Film Her Harrowing Journey Across Kansas
- 12/06/17--19:35: Kansas Farmer Denies Ever Meeting Traveling Nevada City Activist
- 12/07/17--14:27: Russians Hack Local High School JumboTron with Porn
- 12/14/17--06:18: Area Senior Citizen Can’t Stop Computer From Printing
- 12/14/17--18:40: Area Pastor Defies Death, Converts to Atheism
- 12/15/17--09:16: Truckee Couple Freezes To Death Awaiting Star Wars Opening
- 12/17/17--18:50: Donner Party Family Buffet to Open in Truckee, CA
Despite a surprising demand, local Better Butter Creamery has decided to discontinue sending they're award-winning butter via the US Mail due to numerous complaints from delivery personnel.
The world is mourning the loss of one of its favorite stars. Grumpy Cat, also known as Tartar Sauce, was found dead this morning of an apparent suicide.
A Truckee man has sunk into a deep depression after realizing that his underarm deodorant failed to create the manliness he was looking for. 31-year-old Jerry Heard came to this discovery after his trust Old Spice "Swagger" didn't actually produce any actual swagger in his life.
A late night patrol by a Lake Wildwood security vehicle caught employees of restaurant chain Chipotle Mexican Grill dumping approximately 200 lbs of ground beef near the spillway of the lake.
Things got out of hand right after the small crowd placed an area infant into a small basket in Deer Creek just under the highway overpass, and the brisk current swept the child downstream.
Local resident and average guy Chip Day failed to open a "Junk Drawer" in his Morgan Ranch home despite repeated and forceful attempts to do so.
The Lake Wildwood community, a private gated community with a private lake in western Nevada county, received more than they bargained for when county workers, by order of the Nevada County Board of Supervisors, opened up gaping holes in the communities sewer system.
Nevada County Home Business "Shake It Well" came to a screeching halt on Sunday night when Bob and Danni Schlozmeyer's DSL went down for the 3rd time that day and the 19th time this week.
Nevada City, CA — Kevin Thomas has it all figured out. And he likes to explain his insights hourly to his entire family. He thinks his younger brother is pretty much the reason that everything sucks. “Why does he still watch lame Minecraft videos? Maybe because he’s retarded,” exclaimed Kevin. Kevin’s younger brother, Todd, responded, […]
Recent multi-million dollar California Lottery winner Derrick Lopez of Fresno, CA told his friends on Facebook that he wants to fulfill his dreams of traveling the world following his huge windfall.
Historians from Brigham Young and Southern Methodist Universities have discovered that the quaint former gold rush town of Nevada City, California is actually a set from a lost Star Trek episode. The researchers made the discovery while digging through the Paramount television archives in Burbank, CA.
Convicted "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski was spotted in an area Best Buy electronics store earlier this week shopping for a new laptop and mobile phone, according to several sources from the Auburn, CA location.
Area trinket collector, “oriental” food connoisseur and occasional racist Terry Adkinson says he's been contacted over the past few months by various polling operations such as Gallup and Rasmussen and refuses to answer their questions honestly.
A Rocklin, California McDonald's has come under fire for inappropriately handing out the "Boys" version of their famous Happy Meal to a "transitioning" 5-year-old child.
Inspirational speaker, author and giant human Tony Robbins has declined a speaking engagement at the Veterans Hall in Grass Valley, CA claiming in a leaked email, "They're way to crazy for me," referring to the people of Nevada County.
An angry and rebellious irrigation sprinkler located on Grass Valley's Roundabout went rogue over the weekend and decided to water the pavement instead of its assigned flower bed, multiple sources are reporting.
The controversial cell phone tower with was erected in Grass Valley's Brunswick Basin has grown by over 70 feet following a record-setting year for rainfall.
A massive two year study conducted by the Palo Alto-based Rundex Family Foundation and sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) National Toxicology Program (NTP) has determined that modern cell phone towers can deter and some cases kill mosquito disease vectors.
Brenda "Dusty" Woods of Nevada City, CA says that ever since PG&E installed an energy Smartmeter on the outside of her Cottage Street home, she's been experience vivid dreams.
After a series of local and national events that seem unaffected by what experts call "vanilla-level satire," sources close to the Nevada County Scooper have indicated that the 92 year old publication is developing "weapons-grade satire."
Many of Robertson's loyal supporters have come to his defense, including Laura Swanson, she said, "those people have a one way ticket to hell with all of their fornicating and drug use."
Ahead of his appearance at the Nevada City Film Festival, Bill Nye the Science Guy made a surprise appearance at the Nevada County Scooper offices this afternoon to thank the staff for courageous battle against fake news and science hoaxes.
An area man is recovering in Sierra Nevada Memorial hospital after his "sexbot" malfunctioned and cut off his penis. Dustin Jayce Dickens of Penn Valley, CA purchased the life-sized sex toy last last month after Amazon.com became the first retailer to offer the robotic sex dolls.
An area guinea pig 'Sugar Peaches' seemed unimpressed with a just-before-bed short rib snack left by its owner, 11-year-old Nevada City resident Stephanie Jameson.
It is that time of year when hundreds of migrant workers descend on Nevada County for the marijuana harvest, they are known to locals as "trimmigrants".
Nevada City says that it plans to repeal and replace traditional revenue sources like taxes and fines, and use crowdsourcing systems to pay for the operations of the town.
A group of archaeologists from Brigham Young and Southern Methodist University have discovered what appears to be an ancient petroglyph at the bottom of Scotts Flat Lake just outside of Nevada City, California.
Sources close to the government have leaked a memo stating that a "relay-like antenna device" might be installed in the important HAARP Banner Mountain location.
Palo Alto, CA — Palo Alto-based Rundex Family Foundation has confirmed that Nevada City’s local documentary producer, and sometimes politician, Saihra Ramun has produced heavily redacted Freedom of Information Act reports which reveal Tigua Mobil and Leonidas Cellular may have been using technology that can damage rat testicles and/or their brains. The full study, expected […]
After a 6-month investigation, the Federal Government working with the Nevada City Police Department's special "Carry and Conceal Elimination" task force, has authorized the deployment of its special "Gun Confiscation Unit" to the upstart and conservative Sierra Foothills community of Penn Valley, CA.
A Google self-driving car caused a traffic jam in Grass Valley over the weekend. A Google engineer decided to try out the new driver-less car in this area to, as he explains, â€œput it through the paces of my own hometown, where I learned to drive.â€
In retaliation to the "Me Too" posts on Facebook, Penn Valley local Trent Turco has created the #allgenitalsmatter movement.
Civic leaders and community organizers in the nation's self-proclaimed marijuana capital, announced this past week that the iconic former Gold Rush town nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills will host a "Halloweed Parade" on Tuesday, October 31st.
"I mean it's too easy to make fun of the city name. 'Grass Valley' and all. But we had no idea how prevalent the dope business was up here. I suppose it's kinda funny. And annoying."
Penn Valley, CA resident Dustin Jayce Dickens was rushed to the emergency room Friday afternoon after a technician at The New You Laser Treatments salon in Auburn, CA used the wrong setting on the hair removal device.
A local woman's chronic volunteerism is being blamed by townsfolk for robbing them of their initiative and dulling their once notable can-do spirit.
Area homeless man Jimmie "The Home" Wilkonson has found a way to make some spare change on the side by acting as Earth's first parking meter. Mr. Wilkonson has taken it upon himself to station himself in front of broken meters in Nevada city's historical downtown district and collect money from visitors and tourists.
Although Ken Cornys didn't realize what he was looking at, other than the obvious antique war ship, one area man knew exactly what it was.
he Nevada County Scooper was recently called a â€œFake News Siteâ€ on Wikipedia, a description recently attached to the Scooper by Snopes, the leading debunking source for people trying to determine if information is true.
New York City's Amanda Hyman, a self-proclaimed, non-binary Social Justice Warrior, is upset by the lack of actual transgender people in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. She wants them to take 'Trans' out of their name.
Penn Valley, CA –– The 92-year-old Nevada County Scooper announced late Sunday night that it plans on outsourcing printing operations to Barstow, CA in a cost-cutting effort to increase operating margins. “This is a tough era for the Newspaper business,” said Scooper President Louis “Lou” LaPlante. “If someone, as blessed as I am, is not […]
Earlier this week, several people reported what seemed to be a pair of birds in the Glenbrook Basin area building what appeared to be a large nest.
Today, like many other days in Ms. Ramun's recent life, found our activist out in front of the New York Hotel on Broad Street with her trusty bull horn announcing to locals and frightened tourists that she was finally going to document what she is now calling "They Called Me A Dumbass".
Just days after announcing her documentary project, Nevada City activist Saihra Ramun is having to explain how several Kansas farmers mentioned in her memoirs claim to have never met the Sierra Foothills firebrand.
A Russian hacking group is claiming responsibility for seizing control of an area high school stadium's JumboTron television and running porn on it for over 4 hours earlier today.
Reynaldo M. Rodriguez's printer has stopped working correctly. Mr. Rodriguez prints "every god-damned email" he gets because he's afraid he'll lose it.
A local pastor had a bit of a scare recently when he dropped dead of a heart attack. First responders were unable to revive him at the scene, and a defibrillator had zero impact as he was completely dead.
A Truckee, California couple sadly passed away late last night as they sat waiting in the sub-freezing temperatures for the premiere of Star Wars. Bill and Melynda Gates [no relation to Microsoft mogul Bill Gates] decided earlier this week to camp out at the NorthStar Resort Village Cinemas in order to be first in line to see this holiday season's movie blockbuster.
An area man has decided to get his life in order after his mother threatened to kick him out. Area part time working and 2014 Nevada Union High School graduate John Scott of Grass Valley has decided to make the life-changing move of waking up at 1:30pm instead of his usual 2:00 pm.
Local entrepreneur Robert Mincy is looking to cash in on Truckee's booming economy by opening a family-style buffet on the Eastern shore of Donner Lake.