- RSS Channel Showcase 7456564
- RSS Channel Showcase 7851585
- RSS Channel Showcase 5355932
- RSS Channel Showcase 8029413
Articles on this Page
- 11/12/16--19:31: _Nevada City to Beco...
- 01/08/17--21:25: _Graham Chapman’s As...
- 01/08/17--21:48: _Zuckerberg to Put S...
- 01/08/17--21:50: _Area Mother Regrets...
- 01/09/17--19:38: _Passive-Aggressive ...
- 01/10/17--10:39: _Area Office Worker ...
- 01/14/17--16:09: _New Years Resolutio...
- 01/16/17--15:10: _Utility Smart Meter...
- 01/17/17--13:18: _Local Paper Concern...
- 01/20/17--09:25: _Man to Write James ...
- 01/20/17--10:20: _Family’s Use of Ref...
- 01/20/17--10:23: _Area Woman Thoughtf...
- 01/24/17--07:26: _Area Activists Win ...
- 01/26/17--14:56: _Middle Manager to F...
- 01/29/17--09:58: _Local Man Wondering...
- 01/29/17--10:54: _Area Man Poses As I...
- 01/30/17--15:17: _Literate Area Autho...
- 02/03/17--06:48: _Nevada City To Test...
- 02/05/17--15:03: _Study: Local Grocer...
- 02/05/17--19:53: _Historians: Nevada ...
- 02/07/17--09:49: _Area Woman Excited ...
- 02/07/17--14:33: _ISIS Training Camp ...
- 02/08/17--06:11: _Alt-Right Mascot, P...
- 02/09/17--09:00: _DAPL Protesters Ret...
- 02/11/17--16:52: _ISIS Targets Area M...
- 02/14/17--11:15: _Nevada City Becomes...
- 02/16/17--15:09: _Area Wife Forces Hu...
- 02/17/17--07:34: _Area Man Who Says “...
- 02/17/17--15:54: _Local Roaster to Se...
- 02/23/17--19:14: _CA Officials Worrie...
- 03/01/17--00:14: _Passive-Aggressive ...
- 03/01/17--12:17: _Area Man Announces ...
- 03/04/17--08:42: _Nevada City Man Cla...
- 03/04/17--13:24: _Clearwater, FL Chos...
- 03/12/17--18:34: _‘Over Stayed’ Shape...
- 03/13/17--19:46: _Donald Trump Vows t...
- 03/14/17--09:16: _CIA Agent Can’t Uns...
- 03/17/17--20:41: _Nevada County Crime...
- 03/18/17--09:37: _Government Worker D...
- 03/20/17--18:26: _Local Researcher: A...
- 03/21/17--19:21: _Camptonville Man Gr...
- 03/21/17--19:40: _Area Feminist Petit...
- 03/23/17--07:51: _Area Naturopathic D...
- 03/23/17--20:24: _Wayne Brown Correct...
- 03/24/17--19:15: _Mysterious Light Be...
- 03/26/17--07:12: _Elks Lodge to Host ...
- 03/26/17--07:30: _Area Man Advised to...
- 03/26/17--10:41: _Area Man’s Space Sa...
- 03/27/17--19:16: _Global Patchouli Sh...
- 03/27/17--19:31: _Bilderberg Group to...
- 11/12/16--19:31: Nevada City to Become Nation’s First Chemtrail-Free Zone
- 01/08/17--21:25: Graham Chapman’s Ashes To Come to Center For The Arts
- 01/08/17--21:48: Zuckerberg to Put Select Facebook Groups on a “Time Out”
- 01/08/17--21:50: Area Mother Regrets Naming Her Child GMO
- 01/09/17--19:38: Passive-Aggressive Roofing Aims to Indirectly Intimidate Customers
- 01/10/17--10:39: Area Office Worker Unsure Why Cheeto Goes Uneaten
- 01/14/17--16:09: New Years Resolution Thwarted By Canal Gate
- 01/16/17--15:10: Utility Smart Meter Provides Area Woman with Vivid Dreams
- 01/17/17--13:18: Local Paper Concerned About Fate of George Soros Grants
- 01/20/17--09:25: Man to Write James Joycean Account of Nevada City
- 01/20/17--10:20: Family’s Use of Refrigerator Poetry Magnets Reveals Deep Discontent
- 01/20/17--10:23: Area Woman Thoughtfully Fondles Eggs
- 01/24/17--07:26: Area Activists Win WiFi Illness Disability Claim
- 01/26/17--14:56: Middle Manager to Find Out Who’s Snoring on Conference Calls
- 01/29/17--09:58: Local Man Wondering If You Noticed His Oversized Truck
- 01/29/17--10:54: Area Man Poses As Illegal Immigrant To Get Free Stuff
- 01/30/17--15:17: Literate Area Author Inserts Facebook Typos Just to “Fit In”
- 02/03/17--06:48: Nevada City To Test Aromatherapy On Hardened Criminals
- 02/05/17--19:53: Historians: Nevada City, CA Actually an Old “Star Trek” Episode Set
- 02/07/17--09:49: Area Woman Excited About Receiving 6″-10″ This Week
- 02/07/17--14:33: ISIS Training Camp Busted Up At Nevada County State Park
- 02/09/17--09:00: DAPL Protesters Return to Find Oil Drilling on Local Lake
- 02/11/17--16:52: ISIS Targets Area Man’s 1989 Buick LaSabre
- 02/14/17--11:15: Nevada City Becomes Nation’s First Crowdfunded-Operated Town
- 02/16/17--15:09: Area Wife Forces Husband To Live In New Boat He Purchased
- 02/17/17--07:34: Area Man Who Says “Wine Good for the Heart” on His 4th Cocktail
- 02/17/17--15:54: Local Roaster to Sell Poop-Processed Celebrity Coffee
- 02/23/17--19:14: CA Officials Worried About Glory Hole Spillway
- 03/01/17--00:14: Passive-Aggressive Alta Sierra Man Installs Privacy Fence
- 03/01/17--12:17: Area Man Announces Fight with Fire Hydrant
- 03/04/17--08:42: Nevada City Man Claims He’s Rightful King of England
- 03/04/17--13:24: Clearwater, FL Chosen for Immediate Syrian Refugee Relocation
- 03/12/17--18:34: ‘Over Stayed’ Shape-shifting Alien Fears Trump Deportation
- 03/13/17--19:46: Donald Trump Vows to Make Hazzard County Great Again
- 03/14/17--09:16: CIA Agent Can’t Unsee What She’s Seen on Your Samsung Smart TV
- 03/17/17--20:41: Nevada County Crime Wave: Bizarro Edition March 2017
- 03/18/17--09:37: Government Worker Disappointed He’s not a 1%-er Yet
- 03/20/17--18:26: Local Researcher: Ann Arbor, Michigan Doesn’t Exist
- 03/21/17--19:21: Camptonville Man Grows Giant Hairy Cock
- 03/21/17--19:40: Area Feminist Petitions to Have Broad Street Renamed
- 03/23/17--07:51: Area Naturopathic Doctor Wonders Why He Hasn’t Been Murdered Yet
- 03/24/17--19:15: Mysterious Light Beam Photographed Over Nevada City, CA
- 03/26/17--07:12: Elks Lodge to Host Roundabout Support Group
- 03/26/17--07:30: Area Man Advised to Double Bag Deceased Cat
- 03/27/17--19:16: Global Patchouli Shortage Hits Nevada County Hard
- 03/27/17--19:31: Bilderberg Group to Meet in Sierra City in 2017
As the city council seats with new members this year, first on the agenda according to City Hall insiders will be a declaration that Nevada City is a Chemtrail-free zone. This will make the rustic gold rush town the first in the nation to enact such a law.
The ashes of Graham Chapman, the very dead English comedian, writer, actor, and one of the six members of the surreal comedy group Monty Python, are coming to Grass Valley's Center for the Arts the Scooper has learned.
Facebook announced on Wednesday that it will put several Nevada County Facebook Groups on a "time out" until they can get their histrionic behavior under control.
Nevada City mother of two Jessica Orson recently admitted to the Scooper that she regretted naming her 16 year old daughter Gabriele Michelle Orson, or GMO for short.
After becoming frustrated with the overcrowded "Aggressive" roofing services market in Nevada County, newly formed Passive-Aggressive Roofing Company hopes to fill that void with a stubbornly hostile, snarky and a resistive attitude towards all customers.
Area technology worker and parental advice expert Brent Underwood doesn't understand why no one will eat the last Cheeto® in the break room. The lone puffy snack treat, which has sat in a paper tray for over 3 hours, has not been fondled nor eaten leading Mr. Underwood confused about what's wrong with it.
Nevada City, CA — Burt Bowles is fed up with fatphobia. Trying to live up to his New Year’s resolution to lose weight, Bowles, of Nevada City, decided to take a walk along the NID ditch on Banner Mountain, only to be turned back by a metal barrier with a pedestrian opening too narrow for […]
Brenda "Dusty" Woods of Nevada City, CA says that ever since PG&E installed an energy Smartmeter on the outside of her Cottage Street home, she's been experience vivid dreams.
The 92 year old Nevada County Scooper revealed today that it is concerned about the interruption of one of its primary revenue streams being interrupted after Donald Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States later this week.
Roy Riffle recently announced to a small crowd of Millennials at an area coffee shop that he intended to write the town's equivalent of James Joyce's Ulysses.
What started out as a playful refrigerator game with the intention of increasing the family's language acumen, has revealed deep angst and discontent inside a local Nevada City family.
The Scooper caught up with Ms. Williams at the egg stand on her weekly shopping trip for groceries. She was thoughtfully fondling the eggs.
Two North San Juan activists have won a landmark decision in the County Court allowing them to receive disability benefits for something called electromagnetic hypersensitivity or EHS. Merrilee Longshoes and Skyy Wolford of North San Juan, CA have been working for over two years to get their case through the court system.
Area middle manager Pajas Balasubramanian has been tasked with the thankless job of finding out who keeps snoring on company conference calls. Mr. Balasubramanian, a naturalized American citizen from New Delhi, India, is currently the Managers of Education Experience for local firm Video Axcell.
Mr. Dickens, who is a high school drop out and a Trump supporter, has recently stirred up trouble around Nevada County for what many call his arrogant and overcompensating attitude regarding his truck. There have been several eyewitness accounts that he disregarded basic traffic laws, often blowing-through stop signs, making illegal right turns from the far left-hand lanes, among other things.
Area trinket collector, “oriental” food connoisseur and occasional racist Terry Adkinson decided to make a point about illegal immigration last week by pretending to be an undocumented Mexican worker. Mr. Adkinson, who runs a local blog called The Conservarian: Reflections on American Exceptionalism, attempted to apply for assistance at the area Social Services office in Nevada City.
A burgeoning Nevada City author admitted today to a small group of his friends that he often inserts typos and other usage errors into online Facebook comments just to "fit in." Area writer and part-time poet Roy Riffle made the admission to his small author's group while they were enjoying street tacos at Nevada City's popular Mi Pueblo Taqueria on Union Street.
The quaint gold rush town of Nevada City, CA will be the first in the nation to experiment with aromatherapy on hardened criminals.
A 3 month emergency study by the Palo Alto-base Rundex Family Foundation has concluded that you are more like to be injured shopping in the Grass Valley Grocery Outlet Supermarket, than from a refugee from one of the 7 recently banned countries.
Historians from Brigham Young and Southern Methodist Universities have discovered that the quaint former gold rush town of Nevada City, California is actually a set from a lost Star Trek episode. The researchers made the discovery while digging through the Paramount television archives in Burbank, CA.
Cedar Ridge resident and professional shopper Janet Williams updated her Facebook status today telling her friends that she's actually looking forward to receiving 6 to 10 inches this week.
Local authorities and Federal law enforcement have broken up an elaborate ISIS terrorist operation in the Sierra Foothills state park Malakoff Diggins.
Pepe the Frog, beloved mascot of the alt-right movement, was inadvertently sautéed and consumed at Ike’s Quarter Café in Nevada City yesterday afternoon. Pepe, whose avatar is used by many commenters on 4chan, Reddit, and Breitbart News, was sitting in the outdoor terraced dining area when he was approached by the busser, Tyler “Earbud” Fulcrum.
Nevada County activists who recently returned from Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) protests in South Dakota where shocked to find out that in their absence, multi-national conglomerate Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) had started oil exploration on Lake Spaulding.
An area conservative blogger is growing increasingly concerned about a possible plot by ISIS terrorists to attack his 1989 Buick LeSabre. Retired Colonel Jack Ripper as been spending the past two years planning for what he calls "a massive 'moooslem' attack on his Idaho Maryland Road home.
Nevada City says that it plans to repeal and replace traditional revenue sources like taxes and fines, and use crowdsourcing systems to pay for the operations of the town.
Frequent traveler, exotic animal collector and Cedar Ridge, CA resident Pete Johnson found himself in trouble over the weekend after he purchased a new fishing boat without telling his wife who unceremoniously kicked him out of the house. Mr. Johnson is currently living in his new boat which is docked 60 miles away in the Sacramento Delta.
Local retiree Sal Smith announced to his visiting family over the holidays that "a glass of red wine is good for your heart," as he consumed his 4th cocktail of the evening.
Long-time Nevada City resident, entrepreneur and coffee aficionado Sarah Benfer is opening the Nation's first "human processed" coffee roaster featuring celebrities.
Napa, CA- Lake Berryessa has finally reached a point where it is overflowing into the Berryessa glory hole, a drain that opens to a spillway that bypasses the Monticello Dam. Local and state officials are growing concerned after watching the tragedy currently unfolding at the Lake Oroville dam, where erosion has created a possible spillway […]
New area transplant Jim Woods recently moved into a foreclosed "flipped" house in the decidedly middle class development of Alta Sierra located about 10 miles south of downtown Grass Valley. He also has the only privacy fence in the greater Alta Sierra area.
Area resident Gene Holman announced late Friday afternoon that he plans on have a serious argument with a fire hydrant.
A Nevada City, CA man has taken out a full-page advertisement in the New York Times claiming he is the rightful King of England and that he will ascend to the thrown after the death of the current sovereign Queen Elizabeth II.
Humanitarian workers will resettle the next wave of Syrian refugees in Clearwater, Florida, as a holdover executive order from the Obama Administration struggles to bring at least 10,000 Syrian refugees to the U.S. by the end of September 2017.
Zahhak Sobek, or better known by Grass Valley locals by give Earthly-given name of Gregg Koehler of Grass Valley, isn't interested in returning to his home planet.
Donald J. Trump grew up idolizing Hogg for all his achievements in the business world. After a recent campaign stop in Atlanta, Mr. Trump took a detour to visit his old friend in Hazzard County.
Fairfax, VA — CIA operational agent Karen Bergman is regretting her recent assignment to spy on owners of Samsung Smart Televisions. The 13 year veteran of the nation’s chief spy agency says she’s seen things that can’t be unseen across America’s family and bedrooms. “I took the job about 3 years ago as a part […]
The Nevada County Scooper presents: the Nevada County Crime Wave, Bizarro Edition March 2017. So crazy, that you will believe it.
Upon realizing that his $220,000 plus compensation package falls shy of enlisting him in the ranks of the famed "1%-ers," a Sacramento government director is disappointed that he did not meet the elite $350,000 threshold for his demographic.
North San Juan resident, part-time chemtrail researcher and amateur ionizing radiation hobbyist Skyy Wolford announced to a somewhat disinterested crowd out in front of the Sierra Super Stop that Ann Arbor, Michigan is an elaborate hoax and does not exist.
Walter Truman is primarily an egg farmer in Camptonville, but in an attempt to make a better layer he also breeds chickens.
Area community activist and former Sacramento State University feminist Sairhra Ramun of Nevada City has petitioned the city council to formally change the name of Broad Street to Nisenan Blvd. The move, which has been expected by acquaintances close to the activist, was inspired by recent unrest at several college campuses across the country.
A local naturopathic doctor is perplexed as to why he has not been the target of the global 'Big Pharma' conspiracy to murder alternative health professionals.
In what began as a unintentional delivery of 3000 copies of Via Magazine to Wayne Brown Correctional Facility has turned into a big win for their public image.
Several readers have contacted the Nevada County Scooper with reports of a mysterious beam of light emanating from the sky in Nevada City. According to more than one caller, the mysterious beam of light seemed to originate beyond sight in the upper atmosphere and "landed" on Coyote Street in North Nevada City. No injuries were reported.
The Grass Valley Elks Lodge has generously offered to host a support group for those adversely affected by the two roundabouts in our community. We met with the co-founders of the group who would like to be known as Todd and Pam to protect their identity.
A Grass Valley resident is still grieving after discovering his beloved cat was caught under the wheel well of his Buick LeSabre and dragged for three city blocks.
Retired area "old-timer" James Richards has shared a special stash of photos he collected from "his NASA years" with family and friends. However since his recent passing, his son Richard suspects that his Father might have invented not only his astrophysics background, but also fabricated stories about his exclusive "space pictures" of Earth.
The news that worldwide production of patchouli oil would be at 27 percent of normal levels spread quickly throughout Nevada County last Sunday.
The annual private meeting of North American and European elites known as the Bilderberg Group announced this week that they will be holding their annual conference at Herrington's Sierra Pines Resort in June of 2017.