- RSS Channel Showcase 8938336
- RSS Channel Showcase 4709931
- RSS Channel Showcase 7427689
- RSS Channel Showcase 7451349
Articles on this Page
- 08/13/16--12:37: _Local Middle School...
- 08/13/16--15:30: _Sunday is “Nevada C...
- 08/14/16--09:11: _Local Woman Shaves ...
- 08/14/16--18:25: _Tragedy Strikes as ...
- 08/14/16--19:33: _Area Senior Can’t S...
- 08/14/16--19:50: _Area Man Confused A...
- 08/15/16--04:34: _Nevada City Approve...
- 08/16/16--07:26: _County Citizens Pre...
- 08/16/16--07:30: _Area Woman Reaches ...
- 08/16/16--11:18: _Area Daycare Consid...
- 08/16/16--11:23: _Area Woman Thinks N...
- 08/16/16--18:46: _Nevada City to Beco...
- 08/17/16--06:04: _Kid’s All Night Sod...
- 08/17/16--13:45: _Area Scientist Demo...
- 08/18/16--06:49: _Naked and Afraid Ep...
- 08/19/16--10:27: _Nevada City to Requ...
- 08/20/16--14:03: _Nevada City to Host...
- 08/20/16--18:16: _Area Man Arrested f...
- 08/20/16--18:22: _Local Weather Ballo...
- 08/20/16--19:32: _County Enjoys 4th S...
- 08/20/16--19:57: _Investigators Stumb...
- 08/21/16--19:23: _Local Facebook Grou...
- 08/21/16--19:34: _YouTube Researcher ...
- 08/21/16--19:38: _Man Worried About W...
- 08/21/16--19:42: _Magic: The Gatherin...
- 08/21/16--19:49: _Clearwater, FL Chos...
- 08/21/16--19:53: _Porn Version of “Le...
- 08/21/16--19:57: _Vaping Stops Chemtr...
- 08/21/16--20:00: _Area Man Pays with ...
- 08/22/16--04:40: _Community Says A Te...
- 08/22/16--11:37: _Local Fur Shop Solv...
- 08/22/16--19:20: _Spontaneous Flash M...
- 08/22/16--19:23: _Area “Sheepbull” Sa...
- 08/23/16--11:12: _School Lunch Not Eaten
- 08/23/16--11:26: _ISIS Launches Grena...
- 08/23/16--16:39: _Area Excavator Guy ...
- 08/23/16--18:24: _Area Man Breaks Nos...
- 08/23/16--20:21: _Local Entrepreneur ...
- 08/24/16--16:17: _Special Report: Las...
- 08/25/16--13:18: _Satirical Publicati...
- 08/26/16--09:58: _Study: Cell Towers ...
- 08/28/16--07:42: _Nevada City Reveals...
- 08/28/16--08:57: _Bottled Water Store...
- 08/28/16--20:52: _Fight at Del Oro Th...
- 08/28/16--21:02: _Dollar Fur Store To...
- 08/29/16--11:20: _Political Snake Inf...
- 08/29/16--19:09: _Thomas Pynchon spot...
- 08/29/16--19:13: _Confirmed: 2.5 Mile...
- 08/29/16--19:16: _Area Woman Uses Kom...
- 08/29/16--19:19: _Jenny McCarthy To S...
- 08/13/16--12:37: Local Middle School to add 6 More “No Smoking” Signs
- 08/13/16--15:30: Sunday is “Nevada County Fair Tattoo Day”/Free ‘Tat’ Admission
- 08/14/16--09:11: Local Woman Shaves Pussy Every Summer
- 08/14/16--18:25: Tragedy Strikes as Teenager Becomes Separated From iPhone at Fair
- 08/14/16--19:33: Area Senior Can’t Stop Computer From Printing
- 08/14/16--19:50: Area Man Confused About What Kind of Racist He Is
- 08/15/16--04:34: Nevada City Approves 2700ft 1.21 Gigawatt Communications “SkyTower”
- 08/16/16--07:30: Area Woman Reaches Goal Weight With Zika Virus
- 08/16/16--11:18: Area Daycare Considering Name Change
- 08/16/16--11:23: Area Woman Thinks News Article Might Be About Her
- 08/16/16--18:46: Nevada City to Become Nation’s First Chemtrail-Free Zone
- 08/17/16--06:04: Kid’s All Night Soda Bender Leads to Groin Punching on Camping Trip
- 08/17/16--13:45: Area Scientist Demonstrates High-Tech Levitation
- 08/18/16--06:49: Naked and Afraid Episode to be Filmed in Downtown Nevada City, CA
- 08/19/16--10:27: Nevada City to Require Solar Panels on all Downtown Roofs
- 08/20/16--14:03: Nevada City to Host Nation’s First Chickenpox Party
- 08/20/16--18:16: Area Man Arrested for Pot Haul
- 08/20/16--18:22: Local Weather Balloon Experiment Proves Earth is Taco-shaped.
- 08/20/16--19:32: County Enjoys 4th Straight Day Without a Car Accident
- 08/20/16--19:57: Investigators Stumble Upon Secret Graniteville Bunker
- 08/21/16--19:23: Local Facebook Group To Post Only Admin Updates
- 08/21/16--19:34: YouTube Researcher Now Home Foundations Expert
- 08/21/16--19:38: Man Worried About Well Level Accidentally Runs It Dry
- 08/21/16--19:42: Magic: The Gathering Group Kicked Out of Round Table Pizza
- 08/21/16--19:49: Clearwater, FL Chosen for Immediate Syrian Refugee Relocation
- 08/21/16--19:53: Porn Version of “Left Behind” Less Amusing Than Original
- 08/21/16--19:57: Vaping Stops Chemtrails, Study Says
- 08/21/16--20:00: Area Man Pays with a Check
- 08/22/16--04:40: Community Says A Tearful Goodbye To Beloved Pothole
- 08/22/16--11:37: Local Fur Shop Solves Bear Invasion Issue/Creates Bear Boxing
- 08/22/16--19:20: Spontaneous Flash Mob Breaks Out in Grocery Outlet
- 08/22/16--19:23: Area “Sheepbull” Sadly Put Down
- 08/23/16--11:12: School Lunch Not Eaten
- 08/23/16--11:26: ISIS Launches Grenade From Del Oro Roof At Local Car
- 08/23/16--16:39: Area Excavator Guy Exercises His Climatology Know-How
- 08/23/16--18:24: Area Man Breaks Nose Motorboating
- 08/23/16--20:21: Local Entrepreneur Thwarted by DSL
- 08/24/16--16:17: Special Report: Last Average Adult Discovered in Nevada County
- 08/26/16--09:58: Study: Cell Towers Kill Zika And West Nile Virus Mosquitoes
- 08/28/16--07:42: Nevada City Reveals Plan to Control All Intersections by 2020
- 08/28/16--08:57: Bottled Water Store Opening Soon In Grass Valley
- 08/28/16--20:52: Fight at Del Oro Theatre Was A Debate Over Chewbacca’s Gender
- 08/28/16--21:02: Dollar Fur Store To Open In Nevada City, CA
- 08/29/16--11:20: Political Snake Infestation Haunts Nevada City
- 08/29/16--19:09: Thomas Pynchon spotted in Lake of the Pines
- 08/29/16--19:13: Confirmed: 2.5 Mile Comet to Impact Local Man’s Brain
- 08/29/16--19:16: Area Woman Uses Kombucha To Treat Schizophrenia
- 08/29/16--19:19: Jenny McCarthy To Speak Locally About Child Vaccinations
Area middle school administrators announced on Monday that they would be adding an additional 6 "No Smoking" signs on the campus to accompany the 8 that currently are being displayed on the campus.
The Nevada County Fair is always looking for new ways to attract participants, and following a Fair-goer survey taken last year, officials decided to appeal to a growing segment of our community that is often overlooked in marketing, the huge Nevada County population with body tattoos.
Mrs. Pickering is a widow who lives alone, with just her Boston terrier and long-haired Persian cat as her companions.
Tragedy struck late Saturday afternoon when 16 year old Daniella Bishop of Grass Valley, CA accidentally lost her iPhone 6 just after riding the barf-inducing carnival ride "The Zipper" at the Nevada County Fair. Upon discovering her missing mobile phone, Ms. Bishop immediately set into a teenage panic.
Grass Valley, CA — Reynaldo M. Rodriguez’s printer has stopped working correctly. Mr. Rodriguez prints “every god-damned email” he gets because he’s afraid he’ll lose it. “I print every email because I’m not sure what happens to it after I read it,” an exasperated Mr. Rodriguez said in a phone interview with the Scooper. “My daughter from […]
Third generation local Norwegian resident Ernest Dahlman is not quite sure what kind of "white racist" he's supposed to me. Mr. Dahlman, 42, once recently called a "white racist" on a local Facebook comment thread and immediately became confused on just what kind of white person he was.
The Nevada City government overwhelmingly approved the construction of a 2722 ft (830m) communication building which is tentatively dubbed the Nevada City SkyTower.
Given the recent news of deadly viral outbreaks around the globe, coupled with the current immigration crisis at the Nation's borders, many Nevada County citizens are bracing themselves for an onslaught of deadly diseases followed naturally by the Zombification of the entire population.
Marilyn McDonald is finally happy with the progress she made after losing almost 24 lbs after returning from a 2 week vacation in Brazil where she became ill with the Zika Virus.
An area daycare establishment is considering a name change after it received numerous complaints from parents and community leaders that the business title was inappropriate.
Area woman Bridget Doggins suspects that an online article might be about her. Ms. Doggins spends a great deal of time on the Internet, especially Facebook. She's been reading various post from local news media outlets and has grown increasingly concerned that they are directed at her.
As the city council seats with new members this year, first on the agenda according to City Hall insiders will be a declaration that Nevada City is a Chemtrail-free zone. This will make the rustic gold rush town the first in the nation to enact such a law.
A local family learned the hard way that a steady diet of soda pop and potato chips can have a direct impact on the groin health of fellow camp-mates.
Area man Edward Grant, 63 of Nevada City, CA took his prototype "floating boat" out for a spin on a local lake this past weekend. His boat, the Grand Finale, is a modest 32 foot vessel which has been retrofitted with what Mr. Grant calls a "quantum flux enablement device" which apparently disrupts gravitation fields.
The popular Discovery Channel docudrama Naked and Afraid will be filming in Nevada City during the summer shooting season, the Nevada County Scooper has learned. Filming is set for the July time-frame, with the "ahead" production team arriving in June to prepare the town for a bunch of naked people.
The City Council of Nevada City announced yesterday that it has passed an ordinance requiring all downtown building to install a minimum of 1000 Watt hours (Wh) of solar panels
Nestled in the Sierra Foothills, the upstart former gold mining capital wants to have a family-friendly place where all unvaccined children can come and be exposed to a natural alternative to vaccines.
Moonash, a part-time store clerk living with his band on a property in Alleghany, Sierra County, was arrested on Saturday night just outside of Fallon, Nevada, on US Highway 50 by the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A group of researchers from the remote Sierra Nevada Foothills community of North San Juan launched a P54-a3 high-altitude weather balloon late last week and discovered that the earth is curved like a taco.
The greater Nevada County area just enjoyed its 4th consecutive day without a single car accident. The stretch of Hwy 49 between Auburn, through Grass Valley, and into Nevada City is a complete mess of treacherous roadway and stupid drivers.
This is where the adventure begins. The following is a [heavily] edited recount of Moonash's and Mr. Wolford's unusual discovery. Residents of the usually private and esoteric Sierra Nevada foothills community didn't know about this.
After much consideration, the popular Facebook Group Nevada County Peeps announced this week to eliminate all discussions and replace it with admin post updates only. The move is seen as an important step in clamping down on "Internet trolls."
Lake of the Pines, CA — Area transplant, Lake of the Pines resident and current commuting Chevron employee Wes Ford announced to his friends and family on Friday night that he plans to “build his own foundation” on a piece of property he inherited from his uncle south of Highway 20. “I’ve been watching a […]
A Hidden Valley Road man accidentally ran is well dry after repeatedly testing the volume throughout the day on Sunday.
Several juveniles and one 23 year old male were escorted from Round Table Pizza after an argument erupted during their Magic: The Gathering role playing game.
Humanitarian workers will resettle the next wave of Syrian refugees in Clearwater, Florida, as the Obama Administration struggle to bring at least 10,000 Syrian refugees to the U.S. by the end of September.
A pornographic version of the popular 2014 Christian end times film Left Behind ironically is less amusing than the film it sets out to mock.
Local Sierra Super Stop parking lot orator and ionizing radiation hobbyist Skyy Wolford announced the discovery of a completely safe and effective method for neutralizing the blanket of chemtrails over Nevada County.
Local SPD cashier Megan Albright was temporarily confused on Thursday when grocery store patron and long Nevada City resident Toby “Doob” Carnevale attempted to use a check to purchase a single Mentos candy.
Our nation's infrastructure has been falling apart for decades, especially our roads. As money is finally infused in to road budgets, potholes are finally patched.
After the successful planning phase of the Dollar Fur Store which will be located at the foot of Broad Street, Roseville, CA developer Jackson-Pilfer properties has solved the recent "bear/drought" crisis by creating a 19 foot round sinkhole at the intersections of Broad and Pine Streets, and filling it with delicious crepes.
In a rare, but not unprecedented event, a flash mob spontaneously broke out late Wednesday afternoon inside of the Grass Valley, CA Grocery Outlet grocery store. Patrons both inside and out joined in the free-for-all melee and danced with mad abandon.
After making a go of it in the real world, the world's only "Sheep-bull" was sadly put down after aggressively attacking a local gardener's tomato plants. This is the third such incident in the past three months that involved the hybrid animal affectionately called "Tegan" by it's owners.
Todd Thomas refused to eat his lunch on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014. "It was a crap lunch: dried out carrot and celery sticks, a melted 'protein' bar, almond butter and cane sugar 'berry' jam on gluten-free bread...barf-ola.
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired from the roof of the Del Oro Theater striking a late model Toyota late Sunday afternoon in Grass Valley, CA. The attack, which ISIS took responsibility for, was targeted the first white car to emerge from the Safeway parking lot on Neal Street.
After what can only be called a bark beetle plaque that has killed tens of thousands of drought-weaken trees around California, excavator operator Rob Barrick had a starling revelation: the massive tree die off is mostly due to Chemtrail spraying operations and not the common bark beetle.
What started as a fun night out at the Nevada Club ended with a trip to the emergency room for a Grass Valley man Monday night.
Nevada County Home Business "Shake It Well" came to a screeching halt on Sunday night when Bob and Danni Schlozmeyer's DSL went down for the 3rd time that day and the 19th time this week.
Researchers from UC Davis were startled to discover what they are tentatively billing as the “last average adult in Nevada County.”
The 93 year old Nevada County Scooper encouraged people to "fuck off" if they can't take a joke. Yesterday's pronouncement by the esteemed news outlet, followed a bitter and protracted primary election season that left most American unable to laugh.
A massive two year study conducted by the Palo Alto-based Rundex Family Foundation and sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) National Toxicology Program (NTP) has determined that modern cell phone towers can deter and some cases kill mosquito disease vectors.
The Nevada City Council used its most recent meeting to announce an initiative intended to erect stop signs at every intersection in the three-digit address zone of the historic city by no later than December of 2020.
Earlier this week, two local businessmen announced plans to open what they believe is the county's first bottled water only store.
The altercation took place about 45 minutes into The Force Awakens when two local and long-time friends started arguing about the gender of furry supporting character Chewbacca. Lee Corneys of Grass Valley and Jerry Dodge were both taken into custody following the brawl and later released on bail.
A group of developers announced a plan to open a discount "dollar" animal pelt store in the vacant Alpha Building at the foot of Broad Street in Nevada City, CA.
According to some Nevada City insiders, the quaint former gold rush town nestled in the Sierra Nevada Foothills has be overrun by what are being called "political snakes."
Lake of the Pines, CA — Recluse author Thomas Pynchon was spotted lounging on the shores of Lake of the Pines California presumably at his lake-side home. He was reading a book with headphones on. It is unclear at this time why he chose to settle in the exclusive, gated community, but when approached for […]
Playing off recent reports that a super-comet is scheduled to impact Earth in the same time frame, Mr. Wolford wanted to stress to the largely disinterested and sometimes nervous crowd that this calamitous even was really about him.
Fresh off her self-proclaimed successes in treating autism with coconut oil, Merrilee Longshoes of North San Juan, CA has announced a new treatment option for Schizophrenia: Kombucha. Kombucha is any of a variety of preparations of fermented, lightly effervescent sweetened black or green tea drinks that are commonly used as functional beverages for their unsubstantiated health benefits.
Playboy Magazine's 2003 Playmate of the Year and controversial author Jenny McCarthy will be coming to Nevada County to speak about the threat of autism from childhood immunizations.