Articles on this Page
- 06/17/15--14:38: _Area “Sheepbull” Sa...
- 06/18/15--11:14: _Area Man with 17 Bu...
- 06/18/15--19:37: _Area Cartoonist Not...
- 06/18/15--19:41: _Nevada City Attorne...
- 06/19/15--06:53: _Area Witches Protes...
- 06/19/15--09:21: _Area Woman Confound...
- 06/19/15--13:07: _Monkey Escapes! Co...
- 06/19/15--22:35: _Zuckerberg to Teach...
- 06/20/15--18:28: _Area Man Discovers ...
- 06/21/15--09:07: _Local Christian Sci...
- 06/21/15--20:47: _Task Force: House H...
- 06/22/15--07:32: _Grass Valley Expand...
- 06/23/15--10:12: _Community Reacts to...
- 06/27/15--10:14: _Area Resident Perse...
- 06/27/15--11:28: _Pastor and Wife to ...
- 06/28/15--16:36: _Clampers to Provide...
- 06/28/15--16:52: _Nudelman Purchases ...
- 06/28/15--17:20: _NID Goes to JELL-O®...
- 06/29/15--08:37: _Local Fur Shop Solv...
- 07/01/15--09:31: _Donner Party Family...
- 06/17/15--14:38: Area “Sheepbull” Sadly Put Down
- 06/18/15--11:14: Area Man with 17 Bumper Stickers Can’t Fit One More
- 06/18/15--19:37: Area Cartoonist Not Afraid of Crab Feed
- 06/18/15--19:41: Nevada City Attorney/Tree Stumps to Appear on “The View”
- 06/19/15--06:53: Area Witches Protest Etsy’s Ban on “Supernatural Goods”
- 06/19/15--09:21: Area Woman Confounded by Roundabout
- 06/19/15--13:07: Monkey Escapes! Controversial Open Carry Permit in Jeopardy
- 06/19/15--22:35: Zuckerberg to Teach Nevada County How To Use the Internet
- 06/20/15--18:28: Area Man Discovers Chihuahua in Subway Sandwich
- 06/21/15--09:07: Local Christian Scientist Not Really A Scientist/Christian
- 06/21/15--20:47: Task Force: House Homeless in Abandoned Mine Tunnels
- 06/22/15--07:32: Grass Valley Expands Roundabout with Merry-Go-Round
- 06/27/15--11:28: Pastor and Wife to Divorce in Protest of SCOTUS Marriage Ruling
- 06/28/15--16:52: Nudelman Purchases Beach Hut Deli Chain
- 06/29/15--08:37: Local Fur Shop Solves Bear Invasion Issue/Creates Bear Boxing
- 07/01/15--09:31: Donner Party Family Buffet to Open in Truckee, CA
After making a go of it in the real world, the world's only "Sheep-bull" was sadly put down after aggressively attacking a local gardener's tomato plants. This is the third such incident in the past three months that involved the hybrid animal affectionately called "Tegan" by it's owners.
Mr. Carnevale has no room left for his latest "Be nice to America, Or We'll Bring Democracy to Your Country" sticker.
Grass Valley, CA — Area legend, esteemed local cartoonist and Nevada County Scooper patron saint R.L. Crabb is not afraid of attending the yearly Grass Valley Knights of Columbus (KOC) annual crab feed. According to the official Crab Feed FAQ, a crab feed is “typically a fundraising event where the host organization provides large amounts […]
As a lawyer, Nudelman is ingrained with a desire to win. How is he supposed to win if his neighbor won't allow him to cut the trees? After all, he did ask permission, though it wasn't granted.
After the popular peer-to-peer (P2P) e-commerce featuring handmade and vintage items and supplies Etsy.com banned the sale of “any metaphysical service that promises or suggests it will effect a physical change or other outcome (revenge),” area witches took to social media to protest.
Grass Valley, CA — Mary Shilling of Penn Valley became confounded Sunday afternoon after a run-in with Grass Valley’s roundabout. “I do not like this circle traffic thing they have in Grass Valley,” said an angry Ms. Shilling. “They seem disorderly and people drive too fast around them.” Roundabouts, or circular junctions, are a type […]
According to Scooper sources, Ms. Cole was performing on the Boardwalk last night with Bongo, her Capuchin monkey, and the monkey escaped. Bongo is still on the loose, despite frantic searches by Ms. Cole and local authorities.
In an attempt to cut down on the ridiculously high amount of traffic coming out of Nevada County, Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerberg has pulled together a task force to, in his words, “show those idiots how to use the internet.”
The long line at the local Subway Sandwich shop in Grass Valley's Fowler Center came to a brief halt on Friday when area B & C Hardware worker Rick Guzman found a whole, live Chihuahua puppy in his sandwich.
Local anti-vaccine activist, mother of two children and unknowing proponent of Natural Selection Lisa Fellows is not a Christian Scientist as she has recently claimed on her children's vaccine schedule form required by local schools. In fact, she's not even a Christian.
Not to be upstaged by the successful launch of a homeless shelter in neighboring Placer County, Nevada County refuses to be left behind and is proposing its own solution, one that showcases its gold mining history and meshes with its strongly nuanced NIMBY culture.
Grass Valley's new Soviet-style leadership did what any politburo government would do: distract its citizens with spectacle and entertainment. And to that end, government officials have installed a Merry-go-Round in the middle of the Roundabout.
On Sunday, the Scooper reported on a groundbreaking proposal to house the Homeless in abandoned mining tunnels, an initiative called “Sierra Homeless in Tunnels” or “SHIT.” Today’s Scooper story reports on reactions to the proposal from different groups of stakeholders in our community.
An area man is a little upset at some of the offensive words and invectives lately thrown his way by passersby for his deeply personal tattoo.
In light of Friday's Supreme Court ruling that anybody can marry anybody, Pastor Lester Biggins and his wife have announced they intend to divorce in protest.
A dozen or more Westboro Baptist 'church' members are on their way to Nevada City next weekend, following their embarrassing upset in Charleston, South Carolina.
Prompted by his annoyance at having to look at images of palm trees on the sign, Michael Nudelman today announced his purchase of Beach Hut Deli, LLC.
Schewinger’s plan is to fill waterways with Jell-O®, a plan that on its face seems bat-shit crazy, but which actually, according to Scherzinwer, offers many advantages that are not apparent at first glance.
After the successful planning phase of the Dollar Fur Store which will be located at the foot of Broad Street, Roseville, CA developer Jackson-Pilfer properties has solved the recent "bear/drought" crisis by creating a 19 foot round sinkhole at the intersections of Broad and Pine Streets, and filling it with delicious crepes.
Local entrepreneur Robert Mincy is looking to cash in on Truckee's booming economy by opening a family-style buffet on the Eastern shore of Donner Lake.