Articles on this Page
- 11/30/14--19:56: _Drone Over The Yuba...
- 11/30/14--23:54: _Chill Brah Wednesda...
- 12/01/14--15:23: _Area Mother Regrets...
- 12/03/14--06:41: _Area Woman Who Says...
- 12/03/14--08:04: _Area Child Names Ki...
- 12/03/14--13:55: _Local Woman Shaves ...
- 12/06/14--08:39: _Recent California R...
- 12/07/14--08:26: _Scooper on the Stre...
- 12/08/14--05:17: _Local Newspaper Out...
- 12/08/14--21:58: _“Grumpy Cat” Copyca...
- 12/09/14--21:55: _The Sarah Azura Bel...
- 12/10/14--10:22: _Native Americans Ca...
- 12/10/14--17:22: _Safeway Shopper Att...
- 12/10/14--17:24: _Fight Averted at Sa...
- 12/10/14--20:01: _The Lou LaPlante St...
- 12/11/14--06:55: _Cornish Christmas G...
- 12/11/14--08:00: _StormGate: National...
- 12/11/14--20:45: _Man Talking to Hims...
- 12/11/14--22:00: _Spontaneous Flash M...
- 12/13/14--08:24: _Man with Tourette S...
- 11/30/14--19:56: Drone Over The Yuba River: No Shots Fired
- 12/01/14--15:23: Area Mother Regrets Naming Her Child GMO
- 12/03/14--08:04: Area Child Names Kitten “Parvo”
- 12/03/14--13:55: Local Woman Shaves Pussy Every Summer
- 12/06/14--08:39: Recent California Rains Provide No Relief for Subterranean Fire Risk
- 12/07/14--08:26: Scooper on the Street: Cheap Gas
- 12/08/14--05:17: Local Newspaper Outsourcing Operations to Barstow, CA
- 12/08/14--21:58: “Grumpy Cat” Copycat in Nevada City
- 12/09/14--21:55: The Sarah Azura Belou Story
- 12/10/14--10:22: Native Americans Call for Moratorium on Victorian Christmas
- 12/10/14--17:24: Fight Averted at Safeway Self-Checkout
- 12/10/14--20:01: The Lou LaPlante Story: Every town has its secrets
- 12/11/14--06:55: Cornish Christmas Goes Pink for Breast Cancer
- 12/11/14--20:45: Man Talking to Himself in Grocery Outlet Apparently Not Insane
- 12/11/14--22:00: Spontaneous Flash Mob Breaks Out in Grocery Outlet
- 12/13/14--08:24: Man with Tourette Syndrome Speaks Inappropriately
You Like? Please Share. Equipment: 2013 Goblin 770 Drone All German Electronics All Italian Airframe GoPro Hero 3T (on the craft) Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (on the ground) 800 class rotordrone (1.6 m blade span) 2700 watts @ 75 Volts Max Speed 135mph, Max Altitude 1750 feet Scooper Related PostsNorth San Juan Resident Can’t Handle […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – Moonash is ready for a break, and he is suggesting a new “day” in the blossoming number of new days that seem to be sprouting like mushrooms, which by the way you should not eat unless you check first with Nevada County Peeps, or any number of other […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – Nevada City mother of two Jessica Orson recently admitted to the Scooper that she regretted naming her 16 year old daughter Gabriele Michelle Orson, or GMO for short. “We used to call her GMOs for short,” said Ms. Orson in a Scooper telephone interview. “If you say it […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – Area woman Angela White, a 42-year-old school meals coordinator, is “completely in love with the Indian Oven,” a local Indian cuisine restaurant and believes that, “the butter chicken is as good as one would have in India,” despite having never visited the largely vegetarian Asian country. “India is […]
You Like? Please Share.Truckee, CA - 6 year old girl Samantha Dogglin of Truckee, CA has named her 3 month old Kitten “Parvo” despite encouragement from her parents to choose, in their words, “something a little more appropriate for the little creature.” “I like the name Paaaarrrr-vo,” Samantha mentioned to the Scooper. “I liked it. It’s cute. […]
You Like? Please Share.Chicago Park, CA – Local resident Marguerite Pickering is really grateful that the cool weather is here. “Ever since I started getting hot flashes I have suffered so much during the hot summer months” she complained. “I spend most of my time in front of an electric fan trying to cool off, […]
You Like? Please Share.A Special Report with contributions from Scooper Weather genius Giovanni Paredes Grass Valley, CA – As previously reported on the Nevada County Scooper, the newly decreed circle of Hell from the Vatican will not be quenched anytime soon according to weather insiders. The recent deluge of rain that inundated much of California […]
You Like? Please Share. The Scooper wanted to know what Nevada County residents thought of the recent drop in gasoline at the pump as crude oil prices have dropped significantly as stepped-up production in the U.S. and Canada and more fuel-efficient cars have caused output to outstrip demand. China has […]
You Like? Please Share.Penn Valley, CA -- The 92 year old Nevada County Scooper announced late Sunday night that it plans on outsourcing printing operations to Barstow, CA in a cost-cutting effort to increase operating margins. “This is a tough era for the Newspaper business,” said Scooper President Louis “Lou” LaPlante. “If someone as blessed […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA — Merrilee Longshoes has moved off the Ridge into town, and now she wants to meme her cat just like how Tabatha Bundesen memed her cute baby Tarder Sauce. “I can’t believe that lady’s stupid cat made her a hundred million dollars. Is that even true? I read it […]
You Like? Please Share. The Sarah Azura Belou Story, produced by Buck Butaan. Award-winning photojournalist Sarah Azura Belou comes to the Scooper with a keen eye for detail and an insider’s view of Nevada County. Sarah moved to Nevada City, CA in 1998 from the Deep South to get away from, as she’ll tell you, […]
You Like? Please Share.Claim local products should all be produced by original locals Nevada City, CA – Native Americans are on the warpath against Victorian Christmas in what they claim is yet another threat against their status as “the original locals”. This beloved annual event in Nevada City attracts thousands of residents and visitors who […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – Cedar Ridge resident Tommy Empire attempted on Wednesday afternoon to have a Siri-like conversation with a Safeway self-checkout machine. The creation of the modern smart phone assistant, like Apple’s Siri and Google’s Now, many have found hours of entertainment asking said artificial intelligence “helpers” all kinds of funny […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – A fist fight was avoided after a Safeway employee interfered with two angry customers in the self-checkout line late Friday afternoon. According to witnesses, the fight started between woman in her late 30s and a mid-20 year old female. Apparently there was some confusion about how to queue […]
You Like? Please Share. The Lou LaPlante Story, produced by Buck Butaan. Every town has its secrets. Autodidact Louis “Lou” LaPlante was born on the bayou after the war, his father killed in action in the Defeat of the Third Coalition. Lou loves to paint, and his Belgian wife Mariette is also a painter and […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – Susan G. Komen Foundation has partnered with the Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, the City Council and the Grass Valley Downtown Association to turn Cornish Christmas into a “pink” event to raise money. “We need more money”, said Judith A. Salerno, President and CEO of the Komen Foundation. […]
You Like? Please Share.Silver Spring, MD – The National Weather Service (NWS) is in collusion with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. to hype bad weather reports in order to increase emergency supply sales, according to an anonymous tip from someone high at Wal-Mart. Pundits are already calling this “StormGate”, in what is certain to become a national […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – A man apparently talking to himself in the local Grass Valley, CA grocery store Grocery Outlet is not insane, but rather simply talking on his hands-free mobile phone ear piece. According to eyewitness, James Page was seen wandering around the store at approximately 3pm Friday afternoon having a rather heated […]
You Like? Please Share.Grass Valley, CA – In a rare, but not unprecedented event, a flash mob spontaneously broke out late Wednesday afternoon inside of the Grass Valley, CA Grocery Outlet grocery store. “This hasn’t happened in almost 6 years,” commented Grocery Outlet general manager Robert Forester. “It’s a clear sign that the economy is picking […]
You Like? Please Share.Nevada City, CA – Victorian Christmas patrons were a bit uncomfortable when an out of town male stricken with Tourette Syndrome began speaking inappropriately at the popular Wednesday night street fair. “So we came looking for the Native American protests we heard about,” said Nevada City resident Stacy Grant with her two […]