Articles on this Page
- 04/13/17--02:41: _North Korean Leader...
- 04/13/17--18:52: _Most Americans Stil...
- 04/13/17--20:39: _Nevada City Schools...
- 04/14/17--15:48: _Psychic Fair Organi...
- 04/14/17--19:21: _Body Found in Bed J...
- 04/14/17--19:42: _Local Dickhead Aban...
- 04/14/17--19:47: _The Scooper’s Top 2...
- 04/17/17--12:22: _Man Trapped in Show...
- 04/17/17--17:17: _Local Activists Pro...
- 04/20/17--02:37: _KVMR DJ Falls Aslee...
- 04/20/17--14:16: _Area Woman Has Worl...
- 04/21/17--10:50: _Nevada County Crime...
- 04/23/17--19:28: _Baby Moses Re-enact...
- 04/24/17--05:32: _Area Woman Not Sure...
- 04/24/17--09:49: _Giant Sarlacc Disco...
- 04/26/17--14:08: _County Historian: Q...
- 04/27/17--09:59: _Inaugural “Farm to ...
- 04/30/17--18:51: _Jeff Sessions Smoki...
- 04/30/17--19:11: _Stephen King Spotte...
- 05/06/17--08:32: _North San Juan to S...
- 04/13/17--02:41: North Korean Leader to Vacation in Nevada County
- 04/13/17--18:52: Most Americans Still Unclear Where Benghazi Is
- 04/13/17--20:39: Nevada City Schools to Observe Muslim Holidays
- 04/14/17--15:48: Psychic Fair Organizers Fail To Predict Catering Error
- 04/14/17--19:21: Body Found in Bed Just a Lazy Teenager
- 04/14/17--19:47: The Scooper’s Top 20 Death Threats
- 04/17/17--12:22: Man Trapped in Shower Survives on Wife’s Shampoo
- 04/17/17--17:17: Local Activists Propose Arming Deer Populations
- 04/20/17--02:37: KVMR DJ Falls Asleep During Radio Broadcast
- 04/20/17--14:16: Area Woman Has World’s First Tinfoil Scalp Implant
- 04/21/17--10:50: Nevada County Crime Wave: April Fools Edition
- 04/23/17--19:28: Baby Moses Re-enactment Goes Horribly Wrong on Local Creek
- 04/24/17--05:32: Area Woman Not Sure Why She’s in the Starbucks Drive-Thru
- 04/24/17--09:49: Giant Sarlacc Discovered in Grass Valley Sinkhole
- 04/26/17--14:08: County Historian: Quaint Victorian Actually a Whorehouse
- 04/27/17--09:59: Inaugural “Farm to Dumpster” Gala Wastes Tons of Food
- 04/30/17--18:51: Jeff Sessions Smoking Weed To Alleviate Russian Scandal Stress
- 04/30/17--19:11: Stephen King Spotted at Local Grocery Outlet
- 05/06/17--08:32: North San Juan to String Beer Bottle Lights
Democratic People's Republic of Korea supreme leader Kim Jong-un announced through a spokesperson that he plans on vacationing in Nevada County this Summer followed by a trip to the Midwest to meet with basketball team the Chicago Bulls.
Despite Republican successes in national and local elections in the past six years, and a persistent media campaign in largely Right Wing news outlets, most Americans are still unclear where the hell Benghazi is.
Following the lead of the New York City school system, the nation's largest, the upstart Sierra Nevada foothills community of Nevada City announced that its schools will observe the two most important Muslim holidays next school year.
Mayhem struck the annual psychic fair held in Nevada City last weekend when organizers failed to predict a significant catering issue that left hundreds of attendees without food and beverages for the entire event.
Police were called to the 11000 block of Rhode Island Street this week after residents of the home discovered what they thought was a dead body in one of the beds.
In what his friends are calling a remarkable change of events, local malcontent and self-proclaimed dickhead Don Vaca has announced that he is giving up his old dickhead ways for a new and reborn dickhead life with Jesus, using the life-changing P45-L™ Shake program.
We here at the Nevada County Scooper regularly get quite colorful death threats from our fans. While dozens of calls and emails to the Scooper a day are really very nice and often informative, many calls to our contact number (530-362-8471), and our email are very specific about the type of grave bodily harm the Scooper fan contacting us would like to inflict upon one writer or another.
Sources close to the Rice family noted that Ken sampled and consumed as many as 17 of his wife's hair and body care products stored in the shower.
Local animal rights advocates announced they are proceeding with a program to "give the animals a fighting chance" by arming them with semi-automatic rifles.
A KVMR broadcaster accidentally fell asleep during her overnight Native American flute show American Timbres which broadcasts from 2am to 5am. Around 3:30am listeners reported that the popular local radio station "went dead" and all they could hear was the soft, yet distinct sound of gentle snoring.
Nevada City, CA — A local woman has made elective surgery history. Carol Mist has successfully undergone surgery to insert a layer of tinfoil underneath her scalp. Ms. Mist would often be scene around the area wearing a hat made of tinfoil and now she’s had the surgery to ease some of the ridicule she […]
The Nevada County Scooper has captured the more interesting police reports in the past month.
Things got out of hand right after the small crowd placed an area infant into a small basket in Deer Creek just under the highway overpass, and the brisk current swept the child downstream.
Cedar Ridge resident and frequent Starbucks patron Janet Williams didn't remember why she was in the popular chain's drive-thru.
Local workers made a startling discovery when performing repairs on Grass Valley’s seven-story tall sinkhole on Freeman Lane. While shoring up and placing supports at the foot of the sinkhole, a Sarlacc suddenly appeared from below devouring three workers and two earthmovers in a matter of seconds.
When the Foster family was relocating to Nevada City from Fremont, CA, they wanted to make sure that they purchased a house with character. Jim and Daphne Foster and their three children wanted a house with history. And according to local historian Dan Braggart, they "got just that: a whorehouse."
Basking in the glow of the Third Annual Nevada City “Farm to Table Banquet” last weekend local food activists announced that an inaugural Nevada City “Farm to Dumpster” gala successfully wasted more than two tons of fresh, locally-produced fruit, vegetables, meat, wine and beer.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions was spotted in a back alleyway behind the Department of Justice headquarters in the nation’s capital “smoking a doobie,” according to sources very close to him.
American author of contemporary horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy Stephen King was spotted this weekend shopping at the popular discount supermarket Grocery Outlet.
In a bid to outdo Nevada City and "beat them to the punch," community organizers in the rough and tumble little town of North San Juan are installing homemade street lights made out of old, dirty beer bottles.